Local Blackhorn Prices?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDReed

Reaction score
What do you guys pay for blackhorn locally? I've been calling around and have found one shop that has it in the 10 oz size for $45. Does that seem about the going rate or should I shop around?

One of the local shops here had it for $38 and some change the other day.

I love blackhorn, but those guys know we love it, and know we will pay for it. And they charge every penny they can for it.

$49.99 is what I paid Saturday at Ace Hardware. About the same price at Sportsmans Warehouse here.

Walmart is the best place around here but it is seasonal and not currently stocked, $36 as previously posted. If your local Walmart carries it, check for end of hunting season sales and stock up, $19 is what I paid two seasons ago and some found it for even less.

Maybe I need to call around some more!

Are those mom and pop places or big box stores?
Walmarts had the 10oz bottles of BH 209 for 34.99 per. But I guess Florida isn't much of a ML shooter state??? Not from what I've seen in the last 6yrs anyway bc outside of the short designated ML season, ya can't find BH 209 or any other kind of powder, primers, or anything else ML related on store shelves anywhere down here. Bass Pro shop WAS 1.00 higher than Wallymart UNTIL them SOB's lost their greedy lil minds & jacked their prices up to 46.95 per 10oz bottle ( which I flat out refused to pay PERIOD ) & their other powder prices are ridiculously high as well. What I found shockingly profound is internet shopping for BH 209 & T7 too that buying a 5lb bottle of BH 209 online PLUS shipping AND Hazmat fees that can range from 18.00 was the lowest I found & 26.00 the highest fee, It was STILL cheaper by just under 17.00 SAVINGS from buying equal vol in 10oz bottles at Wallymart at their 34.99 price. I just find that unbelievable & totally unreasonable. Same for T7, online per lb. as low as 22.00, store shelves ( where & when you can find it ) 26.00-32.00 for same bottle. The best deal I've found is 234.00 + Shipping & HM fee for 5lb bottle of BH 209. Good luck

I snowbird-ed in Cocoa, FL this past winter. The Titusville Wally World had 6 bottles on close out. $22 per, plus sales tax. I had to eventually buy them all. It was over 3 months, so others had a chance. I know other WM's mark it down even lower.
I share with my family that shoot muzzleloaders, not that they appreciate it.
I'm marking it on my calender for next year.

I snowbird-ed in Cocoa, FL this past winter. The Titusville Wally World had 6 bottles on close out. $22 per, plus sales tax. I had to eventually buy them all. It was over 3 months, so others had a chance. I know other WM's mark it down even lower.

I need to keep my eye open at my local WM!

An interesting note I learned from someone's post in here regarding Wallymart NOT listing their stock (if any ) of BH 209 or other powders on their stores web site so one can research what stores have what before driving to another city or county to go to their Wallymart in search of. Ya need to have their stores skew number for that precise item ( 10oz bottle Blackhorn 209 123456789 etc. ) I think to find it. Pretty crazy BS IMHO

So I live about equidistant from 2 different Walmarts. I tried calling both of them today to see if they have any BH209. One store told me they don't sell BP propellants because it needs to be stored in a fire proof case, the other one hasn't had anyone pick up when they transfer me to sporting goods and I've tried 3 times.

Not looking good for Walmart in my area.

Latest posts

Back