Looking for White in .504

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sadly 3 weeks ago tomorrow we had a total loss house fire. Certainly not going to replace many of the guns that I lost but sure would like to have a White back. I had a .504 kit gun that doc built that I shot alot and killed many a deer with. Certainly nothing fancy. Wood camo stock, Stainless short barrel but it sure did shoot and was handy in a blind. Have no idea what the model was. Just did some research when I needed an in-line and dumbed into the White concept. Shot "no excuse" 460 gr. conicals in front of 90 grains of pyrodex P as well as any rifle I owned. A few years ago I bought a super 91 from somewhere in .451? Never got around to shooting it. Was to be a retirement project. Figured since I liked the .504 so much the .45 would be fun. Definitely a fancier rifle but overall same set up. As you can tell I'm no expert or even aficionado but I do need to replace an in-line and would like it to be something similar. Will be replacing what I "need" in the short term vs the "hey why not" mode of the last 57 years. Have the thought and maybe opportunity to do Elk early season hunt in Colorado sometime in the next few years so really need to stick to the .50 cal due to regs there. I know the Whites can be hard to find so am open to suggestions for something similar and maybe more available if it exists. Was a big fan of the slip fit heavy conical idea. Thanks for any help in advance for anything available here or leads to something elsewhere.
Been running in multiple directions lately so cant say when I'll be back at checking site regularly. Feel free to e-mail or text for more reliable response - [email protected] or 814-724-5507 - Chuck.

Last edited:
I may have a couple for sale soon. Depends on what my boys decide. I offered each of them one if they want it. If they don’t, I’m gonna sell two.

BTW, you can size for slip fit in any rifle and get good results.

Thanks. Please keep me posted. I know I can do so but really loved the White and want to replace it. Lost 50+ guns in the fire and have a short list for ones I want to replace with the same.

Hello CKR, welcome to the site!!! I am very sorry to hear about your house fire. I cannot imagine what you are going through now. If I or anyone of us can help out one way or another just speak up. I have plenty of camo ect. That you can have if you want, god has been good to me...let me, us, know how we could help out..keep thinking that the glass is half full, positive thinking, talking to the big guy can get you by day to day. Good luck, shorty....

Hello CKR, welcome to the site!!! I am very sorry to hear about your house fire. I cannot imagine what you are going through now. If I or anyone of us can help out one way or another just speak up. I have plenty of camo ect. That you can have if you want, god has been good to me...let me, us, know how we could help out..keep thinking that the glass is half full, positive thinking, talking to the big guy can get you by day to day. Good luck, shorty....
Thanks for the kind words and offer Shorty. It's much appreciated. Have always told my wife that us "gun folks" are a different critter and times like this prove it. We remain more blessed than most in spite of this situation and will get to the other side of the tunnel. Certainly going to be a journey. Fortunately as it was archery season here I had a fair amount of hunting clothing hanging on a clothesline out back. Been picking away at other incidentals the past few weeks and have quite a support network of friends here. Just this morning I made a deal to purchase a White G series in .504 almost exactly like the one I had. Should be on its way to me next week from Bigcountry86 here on the site.
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers - take care.

I've had several responses and offers on the White. Happy to report that I've made a deal on a .504 much like the one I lost.
Thanks again to any and all that replied.

Back