Maine Moose Application

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have thought about applying for that. I assume its pretty tough to get drawn up there?

Where would you hunt? Is there public property around? I really want to apply but have no clue what unit to start applying for.

I tried contacting the maine fish and game one year, but had no response there.

The Northern sections of ME are primarily owned by paper companies. The public has access to these lands!!! If you look at unit 9 which is near Moosehead Lake there is vast amounts of huntable land. Most posted property is posted along road frontages.... What lies behind it is open for hunting. It might take a little bit of homework but I think the state is very non-resident friendly in terms of accessing huntable areas that are true wilderness experiences.

Absolutely!! That is the way it works. At the time of applying you list a subpermittee... you can also list an alternate subpermittee in the event your original sub can't make it. Either you or the sub can shoot the moose. You must hunt together though. :wink: I recommend picking someone with a strong back to assist in the extraction of moose meat from the bush :D

Latest posts

Back