making my own ventliners

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageml10-2

Reaction score
ok taking an old breechplug in a drillpress vise and using a bit that just fits in the ventliner threads in the breechplug to align it and lock it down then getting the proper allen head hardened screw and using a cobalt .033 bit to drill thru in theory i can make my own right?
where to get the allenhead screws the right size is another ????

ok 10-32 thread 3/8 long and i have found these in titanium!!!!!!!! :shock: :twisted: ok is there a metalurgist in the group :roll: lol will it sieze?even with antisieze???? can we drill it with a cobalt bit? what cutting fluid? wow i wonder how long one of these babies would last???? check out TICO TITANIUM products :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i requested a quote for 500 pcs
WILL this work ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :?: :?:

I dont know much about titanium but if you could build a ventliner that never wears out or changes or was good for 1000 shots, you could probably make a little money.

Great idea if you can drill titanium without damaging or wearing out the bit to quick.I make my own (ventliner)from hardened set screws.My gun is a custom Non-savage .45 cal.I buy these set screws from local farm supply for $.10 each :lol: .I have only used one,it has 100 or so shots though it so far.Have not shot it since Feb.,but will remeasure it when I take it out again.I'll probably just change it and make another back-up of two.I think I can afford it. :twisted:

Back