Marking your hunting ramrod?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick

Reaction score
Being new at muzzleloading, I've learned it is important to mark your ramrod to avoid double charging. I use adhesive tape on my ramrod while I am sighting in before hunting season. However, it won't fit on the rifle with the tape in place? I've heard the suggestion to get a separate range rod. Still, what would you suggest to mark my rifle ramrod for the field?

I replaced my factory rod with a power rod. It has graduations on the rod near the end. I just note where it is and make a mental note. I know others that have marked they rod in some way but I don't have too.

I have a knight range rod and on the hunts I have brought my Muzzleloader on I have just kept it in my backpack and left the rod that came with the gun at my house. That range rod is a LIFE SAVER

i used the tool to take out the primer. it has a u shape to it. i pressed it up against the rod on top of the barrel. with the correct load in place i twisted the rod with my fingers and it scored a perfect silver line around the rod. adds no thickness, cost nothing and worked perfect.

Back