Marlin 336 .32 Win Special

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK1

Reaction score
I picked it up today. I just love the feel of this rifle. The action is buttery smooth & actually feels better than my BLR! I put 7 rounds in & cycled them all through, as fast as I could....everything worked perfectly :)

I stopped at another dealer & they had the Hornady 165gr flex tips. A little hotter load than the old loads.

I am really looking forward to shooting it. It had a cheapo 3-9 scope on it, but for the Michigan woods I'm thinking a fixed 4X.

2013-02-18172142_zpseb19a305.jpg

2013-02-18145751_zpsfce71711.jpg

2013-02-18145844_zps57ac5cf9.jpg

2013-02-18145807_zps19096109.jpg

FrontierMuzzleloading said:
well, ya better get some pics!
Jon......there are 4 pics posted! Did they not show up on your page? They are here on mine.

oh okay nice! Beautiful wood on that stock.

Damn net is running slow so the pics didnt show up until a couple minutes later

FrontierMuzzleloading said:
oh okay nice! Beautiful wood on that stock.

Damn net is running slow so the pics didnt show up until a couple minutes later
At least they showed up. I was concerned. It apoears to be in really great shape. Thete are a flew blemishrs on the stock so I may refinish it at some point
Code:

Older Marlins usually have even better wood than that. You young guys hardly ever get to see fine figured walnut any more. All you see are plastic stocks and sap wood. I've got a Marlin .22 (39A?) with beautiful crotch wood.

The .32 Special is an interesting rifle caliber. Seems to fit somewhere between the .30-.30 and the .35 Rem.

Anything other than a flat nose bullet would be an exception rather than the rule in tubular magazines. I'd be curious to know how long you could store the rifle with a full magazine without the flex tips deforming.

inline50 said:
The .32 Special is an interesting rifle caliber. Seems to fit somewhere between the .30-.30 and the .35 Rem.

Anything other than a flat nose bullet would be an exception rather than the rule in tubular magazines. I'd be curious to know how long you could store the rifle with a full magazine without the flex tips deforming.
Hmmmm......never really thought about it but it doesn't apply to me as it will be unloaded after every hunt/range time anyway. I don't even know yet if it will like these bullets, but I have access to Rem 170 Core Lokt as well. These are just considerably hotter.

Last week I had no rifles & this week I have a 243, 7-08, & a 32 WS. Things change quickly :)

Spitfire said:
The more the better Greg !
I agree! I am re stocking since the deer herd has been depleted & I will have to go north to the rifle zone where the deer weren't affected by the fly bite.

I also have no control over buying old guns , if i find them i have to have them !

If i had to buy all the guns on my wishlist i might bankrupt myself in a hurry :lol:

Back