Michigan muzzleloader buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omidv

Reaction score
I was very fortunate to take a nice 8 point with my new Knight Mountaineer 50cal. I hunted hard all bow and rifle season as well as almost all of muzzleloader season, I took this buck on December 8th. The shot was 150 yards and the buck dropped at the shot, then stumbled to his feet and crashed at 40 yards from where I shot him. I was using 250gr Barnes tmz and 90gr of blackhorn. To say I was happy would be an understatement.
Edit, I’d also like to give a special thank you to Brownisdown and my friend Tom9ring for helping me get the trigger for this rifle, as this is the rifle I put together earlier this year.

Attachments

• 2BD7ACED-8042-4C70-AAE8-3329C0AD509D.jpeg
    2BD7ACED-8042-4C70-AAE8-3329C0AD509D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nice MI buck. What part of the state?
I got this buck from a farm near Fowlerville in Livingston county. I had hunted the first part on state land in Gratiot county. No acorns and very little water had the deer scarce where I was. Fortunately I help these guys on their farm and they were more than happy to let me hunt.

Thanks buddy. Even got my wife to go a few times. That was actually the most fun I’d had all season when she went. My little ones haven’t wanted to go yet this year but I’m hoping to get them on a doe hunt with me.
Dont force it too quickly. Make sure the first time is the time of their life. Then they will look forward to the next time. Ruin the first time and it will be like pulling teeth to get them to do it again. Glad she enjoyed it.

I got this buck from a farm near Fowlerville in Livingston county. I had hunted the first part on state land in Gratiot county. No acorns and very little water had the deer scarce where I was. Fortunately I help these guys on their farm and they were more than happy to let me hunt.
Right in my neighborhood! Even better knowing that bad boy was a local!

Latest posts

Back