Michigan muzzleloader buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right in my neighborhood! Even better knowing that bad boy was a local!
Really? I’m in Webberville. Check out the deer my wife got on the trail cam I setup for her to check while I was at deer camp. 🤣 she absolutely loves to check the trail cams as much as me!

Attachments

• C0F9CC5D-A85B-435E-B772-23955B1E381A.jpeg
    C0F9CC5D-A85B-435E-B772-23955B1E381A.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BC637C74-A09E-4352-8894-8388C6F1B227.jpeg
    BC637C74-A09E-4352-8894-8388C6F1B227.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
Wow dandy there for sure. I hunted every day of the season in the UP, saw 9 different bucks but nothing I wanted to shoot. Hopefully they will grow up and be nice ones next year.
Man I loved hunting the UP. I used to hunt near Menominee. About 15 years ago, and the hunting was great back then.

I was very fortunate to take a nice 8 point with my new Knight Mountaineer 50cal. I hunted hard all bow and rifle season as well as almost all of muzzleloader season, I took this buck on December 8th. The shot was 150 yards and the buck dropped at the shot, then stumbled to his feet and crashed at 40 yards from where I shot him. I was using 250gr Barnes tmz and 90gr of blackhorn. To say I was happy would be an understatement.
Edit, I’d also like to give a special thank you to Brownisdown and my friend Tom9ring for helping me get the trigger for this rifle, as this is the rifle I put together earlier this year.
Nicely done!👍

I was very fortunate to take a nice 8 point with my new Knight Mountaineer 50cal. I hunted hard all bow and rifle season as well as almost all of muzzleloader season, I took this buck on December 8th. The shot was 150 yards and the buck dropped at the shot, then stumbled to his feet and crashed at 40 yards from where I shot him. I was using 250gr Barnes tmz and 90gr of blackhorn. To say I was happy would be an understatement.
Edit, I’d also like to give a special thank you to Brownisdown and my friend Tom9ring for helping me get the trigger for this rifle, as this is the rifle I put together earlier this year.
I'm super happy for you my friend. Glad to have put you & Jim together to help you both out. Congrats on a very nice buck.

Back