mmp 12 and 24, which is thiciker?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsmen

Reaction score
isn't the 12 thicker therefore more well suited for knights?
and the 24 for the t/c cause it's thinner?

To some extent thats correct, I am not so sure that any particular sabot will always fit any particular brand of muzzle loader, the TC usually runs from .497 to .499 and I usally lap a thousandth off in polisming them. Going by the only Knight I have they run .502. The MMp hph 24 usually fits the TC but sometimes it takes the Crush Rib. From back when the first commercial inlines were made Knight has most often used the MMP 12, but there are many others made about 7 all told I believe. Lee

i just got a pack of each, 12 and 24. the 24's look to my eye a bit thicker. that's y asked. hopefully the packing paper didn't get in the wrong bag.

The 24 has thinner petals, a 12 with a .452 bullet measures .506 with my calipers. A 24 with a .452 comes out at .504. The numeral inside the base of the 24 should be easy to read, the number inside the 12's are much tougher for me to make out, different type of stamping.

From the MMP web site..

The big difference between Black HPH12 and HPH24 is HPH24 is .002" smaller
in loaded diameter. Loaded diameter is a sabot with a bullet inserted.
With a .452 diameter bullet the HPH12 is .507-.508" diameter, the HPH24 is .505"-.506" diameter.
If you have a tight loading rifle you may want to choose the HPH24
or if you have a very tight rifle, consider our 3Petal-EZ.

Back