MODERN MUZZLELOADER/big6x6 Hog Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrive Friday, April 7, 2006-- anytime after NOON.

Hunt begins Saturday AM, at about 5:00 AM.

We have the lodge, privately, April 7, 8 , 9, 10, 2006.

Sunday night is catered din-din, awards cermony, and loads of added surprises. :shock:

(Not sure about jell-o wrestling, the Underclocked conical casting contest, or the Grouse panic tree-climbing event. Maybe its better that way? :oops: )

Please avoid the glowing green pigs:
_41208332_glow203.jpg

Crossville.gif

This a visit to last year:

Team Wolfhound Sets Course Record

Dateline Crossville--

Team Wolfhound (tactical division) shattered the three-year standing Loshbough course record, piercing the previous, three year?s standing, all-time Loshbough 24 hour porcine depopulation effort by 100%. After the cannon-esque cacophony of constant carnage, only a few pigsqueak progeny remain.

Heartfelt thanks to all who ensured Ed Mehlig?s survival; your eforts were greatly appreciated. However, according to sources close to Mr. Mehlig, the small animal he swallowed whole as a child is barely clinging to life, emitting horrid nocturnal gasping, grating, growling grunts on a daily basis. One can only pray that any artificial means designed to extend this demon's existence be mercifully terminated. Ed Mehlig celebrated his survival by attempting to roll Super 91?s truck, but fortunately was unsuccessful in his efforts. ?Lucky Eddie? rides again! In an exclusive video interview, Ed teaches Loggy the true meaning of conical.

In other news, Grouse fired a shot from behind a tree, only to be quickly sent up one by a brazen boar. Coincidence? We think not. A plea for free climbing lessons for Grouse is in order.

Blue Dot 37.5 unveiled his new prototype turkey gun that he has been calling a ?trap gun? as a clever ruse. In an evil twist of fate, Blue Dot 37.5 shot both the biggest boar AND the biggest sow of the hunt with one shot?a stunt not easily duplicated by those without biological weapons.

Craig explained his introduction to the ?Hummer,? and-- in a later evening Indiana Hunter witnessed an event so peculiarly compelling, he was forced to crawl on his belly like a reptile to fully soak up the experience.

The severe respiratory problems of Doohan were unknown to me before this event, let us all pray for a quick healing to stop the relentless madness.

It was a pleasure to meet Super 91 both times he decided to stop in. After regaling many of us with an ?Underclocked Story,? Super 91 decided to reenact it with amazing historical accuracy. Hope you are feeling better now, Bob!

Big6x6 showed up totally unprepared with no equipment, and was forced to sell his only Super 91 to finance his hunt. A few placebo sales, and things will be better of course.

All you need to know about successful ?Crossville Navigation? is to just go to the school, and turn. Sounds easy enough. :roll:

IH:

The list at the moment is:
Me
David Ogrodnick
John Bodendorfer
Jeff Weedling
David Stratton & Son
Bob Bowers and 3 guests
Keith Dutton
Larry Smeltzer
Clinton Wells

That makes 13.

Pretty much the same deal as RW's, just a week earlier! Arrive on Friday, Hunt Sat a.m., etc.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Looks like a GREAT crew there Scott! I know ya'll are really looking foward to it!

Hey! I resemble that remark!... :lol: :wink: Someone's gotta keep an eye on Bowers.. 8)

I'm trying to decide what would get me up a tree faster-- angry pig, or an uncontrollable Batchief snarling and nipping at at me? Both would likely work. :shock:

Scott, I was there in November deer hunting and they still have the old Cherokee so are you going to be the designated driver?

How 'bout I take the Suburban? :shock: At least I won't have to rattle around in the back that way!

You do any good in Nov.?

Batchief909 said:
Okay Loggy,,,,what's fer breakfast... :shock: :wink:

Chief: 2 choices (1) Fried Hog Brains on the half shell(skull) or (2) or Cream of HOG Brains. Due to expected heavy demand you may only order ONE ENTREE from the Menu. A side order of toast comes with either selection. If your into that LOW CARB Bread or Low Fat Syrup...bring your own Bread & Syrup! :lol:

Loggy:

I'll take #2 with a side of #1. :D Should I bring down a bunch of biscuits?

For the less adventurous, I still have some of the sausage from last year, and jalapeno & cheese deer "sticks" (about 5/8" dia and 8" long) that I could bring. The sticks make a great evening snack.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Loggy said:
Batchief909 said:

Chief: 2 choices (1) Fried Hog Brains on the half shell(skull) or (2) or Cream of HOG Brains. Due to expected heavy demand you may only order ONE ENTREE from the Menu. A side order of toast comes with either selection. If your into that LOW CARB Bread or Low Fat Syrup...bring your own Bread & Syrup! :lol:

PLEASE don't leave any in the fridge for us!

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
IH:

The list at the moment is:
Me
David Ogrodnick
John Bodendorfer
Jeff Weedling
David Stratton & Son
Bob Bowers and 3 guests
Keith Dutton
Larry Smeltzer
Clinton Wells

That makes 13.

Pretty much the same deal as RW's, just a week earlier! Arrive on Friday, Hunt Sat a.m., etc.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Tell Bob Happy anniversary...I believe he said that our weekend was on his tenth wedding anniversary... Buy him a drink on me?

Pat

Tell Bob Happy anniversary...I believe he said that our weekend was on his tenth wedding anniversary... Buy him a drink on me?

Pat

Maybe they should buy Bob some bullets on us! :partyman:

big6x6 said:
Loggy said:
Batchief909 said:

PLEASE don't leave any in the fridge for us!

Chuck, there may be some Low Carb Bread & Lite Syrup (if brought) left behind but likely all the "good stuff" will be looonnnggg gone before your arrival!

I am also toying with the idea of bringing along some pickled hog tongue and/or feet for the boys to pack for their hunts! Man, doesnt get much better than sittin on a Hog Stand chewing some pickled tongue/feet. I will have to put an advance order in at my local butcher because it sells out as fast as it comes in....likely why you rarely see it. :lol:

Latest posts

Back