MODERN MUZZLELOADER/big6x6 Hog Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alrighty, Thunderclocked--

Quit shooting those groups with your keyboard and go out and kill something. After all, hogs are MUCH cheaper than your coyote. :shock: At least, it will get you out of that garage.

Huh? Whut? What does 'Crowfeather' mean? Nevermind. Gronk. E. Pluribis HomerSimpson.

Thankyouverymuch :wink: Bru-ha-ha :!:

Grouse said:
Nice pics JD 8) The 225XPB was a very good bullet. I will be shooting it really soon. :wink:

What kind of gun were they used in??

225 XPB's are made to be shot in the .45 long colt .. or .454 Casul

They work dandy in the savage.

Here is a 5 shot group that Grouse took with the 275gr XPB in my gun...this load had never even been shot in this gun before these 5 shots...notice the first 4 shots all touching...range was 88yds.

110_1061.jpg

jcchartboy said:
Here is a 5 shot group that Grouse took with the 275gr XPB in my gun...this load had never even been shot in this gun before these 5 shots...notice the first 4 shots all touching...range was 88yds.

110_1061.jpg

Venisoneatr and indianahunter made that possible. Did you buy Jim lunch for suggesting a new load??? :)

Did you buy Jim lunch for suggesting a new load

If I followed every suggestion Jim has ever given me...not only would I be broke, but I would also have to find a new home so I would have room to keep all the stuff in... 8)

jcchartboy said:
If I followed every suggestion Jim has ever given me...not only would I be broke, but I would also have to find a new home so I would have room to keep all the stuff in... 8)

That's the situation I'm finding myself in... LOL :lol:

Doohan,

It was Indiana's load that he shoots in his SMI, I believe he uses the Harvesters...

Here is the same load shot out of the SMI by Grouse...(3 shot, at 88yds)

110_1054.jpg

Yeah, that is pretty cool!

I shot that load when I was there, nice combo!

Pat dropped my t-hole Savage off at SMI today and I talked with Ron Name a bit ago..

Hope to have it back in a few weeks!!! :shock:

Guess I will have to buy more bullets now!!!

Well, I am finally rested up enough to write my version of the hunt. Ok, the truth really being I finally have Chuck here to help me post the pictures!! :oops: This was my first trip to Loshbaugh; though not my first hog hunt. We arrived Friday afternoon before the storms hit and in time to practice shooting. Chuck brought everyone ribs for dinner from his favorite BBQ place from down here in Alabama. Even after the rough weather, everyone(well almost everyone)was ready to hunt bright and early Sat. morning. Chuck, Tom, Jim, and I rode in Tom's, uh.. the lodge's suburban down to the bottoms. We walked and walked and walked and then walked some more. Chuck and I couldn't cross the creek because of extreme flooding so we joined the other two. Didn't see too many higs, uh..hogs. Finally as we were ready to call it a day a group of about 11 ran right in front of us. Jim was the only who got a shot.
After lunch, at the fanciest resturant in town, Chuck and I went to a secluded area for me to shoot a hog. No luck for me. But Chuck got his!! And it was on the steepest hill I have ever been on!! Total walking distance for Sat=10+miles??!! Total Tylenol for Kristel=2
Well, I had to do it Sunday. I reluctantly roll out of bed at 5 and get ready to head out again. Chuck, Terrell, and I go our own way. We were able to cross the creek this time. And we hear the dogs!! The dogs have a whole pile of them bayed for us. I got my gun ready and shot........ and missed?? I reload as Terrell shoots his and his is down. I shoot again and miss??? I am absolutely pissed at myself, so I reload and follow the pigs up the hill. Then i hear a call from up above for someone to finish off the hog. I ran,yes ran, as quickly as possible and there it was...with a big hole in the gut, not where I was aiming. :evil: So I shot again...right in it's back!!! :evil: So with my last powder and bullet and primer, I reload and shoot the darn thing again. This time it went in the right place and she was down!! After a long photo shoot, we head to a different area where everyone else has gotten their hog. Everyone was successful!!
This is me with my hog:

2006hogblast%20029.jpg

Here is a picture of me with my award for best-dressed,uh...I mean biggest hog.

2006hogblast%20012.jpg

I am so glad I got to go with all of you guys this year. I had the best time. I hope to see all of you next year!!

Finally got my pics printed up. I also made a nice 8X10 for my wall of the group. I just wish I could have got everyone. :( Matt and Harry had to get going earlier.

grouppic.jpg

Cool! Nice hat rack btw!! 8)

Did that pink paint come with sunglasses? :lol:

When she brought the paint home she said it was some sort of Mauve. I told here it was pink. She put it up on the walls and after it dryed she told me it WAS pink. :lol: I wouldn't have minded a light blue or green. :( But as soon as my pig is done it'll be up in this pink room. I figure if I add a pig head it'll nuetralize the pink effect. :roll:

Here's a better look at the hat rack. It's the 7 pointer I got a few years ago with my Extreme. First deer with a muzzleloader.

rack.jpg

Nice rack mount Patrick!!!

My Hog Mount looks great down in the furnace room. I would be happy to have a Pink Room in normal living quarters to display mine! :lol:

Back