MODERN MUZZLELOADER/big6x6 Hog Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody for the great time!
376Steyr Scout and 250gr North Fork bullet is good hog medicine:
109_1000.jpg

Little hoggy will live another year:
110_1015.jpg

Happiest couple alive:
110_1021.jpg

Local grouse:
Grouse.jpg

Jim caught in action while repelling hog attack with his 41mag saving live of innocent bystanders (Jeff, Nug and Michael) :lol:
110_1042.jpg

So, what's this I hear about one hunter sleeping in on Saturday morning and missing the hunt?

Great pics and stories!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Still computer illiterate.....

..... so I'll post some of the pics I got tomorrow when Chuck can help me. Just wanted to say I had the best time!!! :D This was the best group of people!! BTW--My legs STILL hurt!!!

Re: Still computer illiterate.....

Savage girl said:
..... so I'll post some of the pics I got tomorrow when Chuck can help me. Just wanted to say I had the best time!!! :D This was the best group of people!! BTW--My legs STILL hurt!!!

You'll be alright. :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
So, what's this I hear about one hunter sleeping in on Saturday morning and missing the hunt?

Great pics and stories!

Blue-Dot-37.5

I can add to that when I wake up!!

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:

Actually, it was an inadvertent attempt on my life by Grouse and Indiana Hunter using 15-year-old methadone. The registered pharmacists on hand did not warn it was unwise to mix lot numbers of methodone, or something like that.

Indiana Hunter more than redeemed himself by risking life and limb to save my Dad from the sagging, spinning, elevated tree stand of doom the next morning, however. :shock:

Congrats to all on the Big 6X6 Hog Hunt & thanks so much for sharing all your great stories plus those outstanding pics!!!! Your smiling faces says it all. I'm stuck here in a NJ Marriott all this week on business & my read of all your reports has made my day & then some! :)

Randy, I aint sayin a word re whut happened to that BIG HOGS "better parts" that Lifelike Taxi is mountin!!!! When I picked my Pork up there Mr. Lifelike took me into the Backroom where that Big Boy was curin...WOW!!!!!! One Hell of a HOG to say the least!!!!! Daniel couldnt believe he was roamin around & avoided the many hunts at Loshboughs!! One to dream about on our next hunt...maybe his brother! :lol:

There were also some fine Bucks there (in-process). Growin-up with a Dad(so dearly missed) that was a taxidermist & helpin him when allowed :lol: ...I must say that Lifelike is a place I would trust a treasured trophy to. They also did a fine job in processing my pork. My Hog they mounted from last years hunt would even meet my Dad's approval! :) Sure hope some of you all opted for a Mount of some of those fine HOGS!!!!! Randy,glad to see ur Dad along on such a memorable hunt!!

Again, thanks for all your stories & pics!!!

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:

The truth is :shock: Pat's $70.00 bottle of Scotch was the culprit. :lol: I handed Randy a glass soon as he walked thru the door. :lol:

Grouse said:
I handed Randy a glass soon :lol:

What was the I.V. for? It did seem a little bit strong for iced tea.

Sure, Loggy, my Dad had a good time. 78 years old this month, a fresh pacemaker battery, look's like he will be roaming the fields for a long time yet. His last 4 shots through the 10ML-II have been dead deer @ 225, dead Texas hog @ 130 (or thereabouts), dead javelina, and now another dead pig.

This year, I think he might actually clean his breechplug for the first time. 8)

nugbuk said:
JJ, how about picture of flame thrower?

here it is nug.. but this one is pretty blurry!
That Steyr sure would throw a nice fireball!

DSC01676.jpg

WOW what a weekend.
Thanks for such a great time guys. Here's a few pictures.

The handy work of a 225 gr. XPB
DSC00024.jpg

The Hill clan { what a great bunch of guys}
DSC00025.jpg

The Jersey hit man {head shot only}
DSC00034.jpg

enjoying dinner
DSC00032.jpg

Tom and his suburban.
DSC00027.jpg

Noug warming up on the bench.
8740ba3f.jpg

Our guides taking a break{Logan and Mike}
DSC00028.jpg

Thanks again to Chuck , Harry ,and Matt Hill , Kristel May , Patrick and Angie White, Pat Allen, JJ Smithey, Derron Hollenbacher,Jim Byrne, Nougzar Boukiia, Tom Drechsler, Craig Shull, Jeffery Herrmann, Terrel Milby, Duane and Randy Wakeman. I had a great time in crossville and I can't wait to do it again.

Loggy said:
:) JJ, look forward to all those stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see a Hog Count of 19!!!!!! Bout 30 Porkers in lil over 1 week time span is one hell of a lotta pork!!! :lol:

Hey Loggy!!!

Still working on my writeup! Been busy as heck ....

Got to shoot a nice porker and some really nice guns!

Not to worry JJ, I just made a comment about RW and "the smoking man" from the X-Files. :wink:

ffd26011.jpg

But I deleted the comment as best I could. "Nevermind" seemed appropriate at the time. :lol:

Back