More tame deer w/pictures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I started to finish the winterizing of my cabin. Just as I started a good 5 X 4 buck walked up to my feeder. This was one of the deer that had been around all weekend. Of course the feeder was empty and all the feed I'd brough along was gone. He refused to move. Finally I felt sorry for him so I went into my shed and got a bag of sunflower seeds that is used for bird feed. I walked up to the feeder and he stepped back a couple of feet. I poured some seeds into the feeder and before I was done, he was back with his face in it. Called my wife who grabbed the camera. She got this picture

Picture262.jpg

I then went about my business and 1/2 hour later was done. We started to pack up. The deer had finished the seed and had bedded down beside the feeder. When I opened the back of the Van and started carrying stuff and putting it in, he got up and walked over. Thought he might get it :? but no, he just walked up and looked in. Probably looking for something else to eat. Got this picture of him.

Picture267.jpg

Good thing we're in a game preserve and no hunting. If he ever leaves the area and ends up somewhere where hunting is allowed, he won't last long. First hunter he sees, he'll likely run right over looking for a handout. :)

You know, I was just thinking. Why didn't I take a video instead of still pictures. Must be on of those senior moments :D . Maybe next time.

Nice Pics

Those are some awesome pictures. and i agree with the previous post about being careful, especially with the wife. I have heard horror stories about women getting attacked during certain times of the month. And if you get more pics, keep them coming.

Other then in a deer park, I've never seen deer that tame. And you're right, if he left the preserve, he'd walk up to the first human he came in to contact with. His luck and it would be a hunter who would show no mercy.

Also, I agree with the others about being very careful around deer. Especially bucks. They have been know to get very aggressive and for little or no reason. When they hit peak rut, they are especially prone to foolish behavior.

Other then that, some excellent pictures...

Being careful around them is always in the back of my mind. Reminds of the story of the guy who doused himself with deer scent, and had his wife video him with a buck. Apparently she got real good video of him taking the beating of his life :) .

Very cool pictures!!!

But as the above posts stated, I would be very carefull around him!

I'm back at my cabin as I read this. Feed is in the feeder. Deer activity is real slow. Some were around over night and ate some, but not all. Bucks must be off somewhere doing what ever bucks do this time of year :wink: . If they show up will get more pictures and will try to get video to post here.

Back