More Youth Load Development

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
My mind has turned to hunting again. I had my old stainless Knight LK-93 out. I have a lot of memories and deer with that rifle.. My daughter shoots it now, claims it as hers. Anyway, she is 17 now so we decided to look for a hotter load that is still low recoil. I can only shoot to 50 yards at my place and couldn't shoot much due to the heat. I fired two shots without no swab between to simulate a hunting situation. I was thrilled with the results, .40 inch group right where she needs it with no scope adjustment. She has been practicing with a .22 on a 60 yard steel plate. Hopefully this works out for her.

80 grains T7 FFG
Scorpian PT Gold 240 grain
Harvester Crush Rib Sabot
Winchester 209 Knight Red Jacket

I wish I had an idea on velocity, but haven't taken the plunge on a chrnograph. I think it should be fine for where she hunts.

Sorry can't seem to flip the picture.
20220727_120802.jpg

Can't beat that shooting.
I usually run a 80 grain charge of 3f black powder in my traditional guns. I have no worries taking a deer inside of 100 yards.
Triple 7 2f is a bit more energetic than black powder, so I'm guessing that your powder charge is probably equal to 90 to 95 grains of black powder. Plenty enough power for deer.

Latest posts

Back