Mossberg 500 muzzleloader Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centaur6

Reaction score
Just got a Mossberg 500 muzzleloader barrel for my shotgun. Does any one have any experience with this item they would care to share. Powder charges, projectiles, accuracy, effective ranges, problems?

The only problem is more of a legal issue. I know Rhode Island allows pretty much anything including a double rifle but won't allow the Mossberg converter.

I would love to here more on the mossberg muzzleloader barrel being that i just went out and purchased a mossberg combo with a rifeld barrel and a turkey barrel. How does it work vs a modern muzzleloader?

The Mossberg Muzleloader barrel uses a 209 shotgun primer like the inlines but the instructions that come with it state that the barrrel is best suited for ball or conicals that use pirodex ( or similar powder)powder in the 70 to 90 grain range. I have zerored mine in using TC Maxiball conicals and find it qite acurate out to 100 yards. I dont think that is would be very effective beyond 150 yards. Most of my deer hunting has been in the 40 to 80 yard range so I feel quite comfortable with it. But the modern inlines that use the pellets and sabots are in a different class.

Latest posts

Back