Mountain Brook Trout

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Them are some nice sized brookies. Don't think I have ever caught one bigger than 10 inches.

I fished them in SD also. Right near I-90 and the Wyoming border. Sand Creek.
Try exploring the country roads that branch off M65, about 1.5 to 2 hours north of you. I've found an ultra-light (4 lb test) with Mepp's or Roostertails work well in cast-able areas. For closed in areas, free float a crawler in the current. Fishing from bridges like this is a lot of fun. If the catch is slow, get in the car and go to the next bridge. If bad weather comes in, just jump in the car. Hungry? NP. Hit one of the scattered ma & pop party stores for ice cold beverages and sub sandwiches. Might snag onto some cool stories with the clerks/customers while you're there. Great way to spend the day (or 2) fishing and finding new favorite spots and don't need a boat..

These fish are amazing table fare for sure. Scrambled eggs with fresh brookies sauteed in butter with slivers of onion and a touch of soy. No salt and pepper required..

To the OP, those are absolutely gorgeous.
We don't grow brookies anywhere near that big here in Michigan, but the artwork is just as beautiful.
If there's ever any doubt regarding the existence of miracles, just hold one of these in the glistening sunlight ... amazing.

Hausser, Im planning on hunting Region A in Wyoming this November. Never go to Wyoming without a pole. Ill keep your directions in mind. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back