mountineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp45cal

Reaction score
Found one in 50 cal for $750 up here {so Canadaian loonie} should i jump i'm dealing with the guy right now
If it was a 45 i wouldn't need to ask lol

You are aware that the Mountaineer 45 will be a 1-30 twist, which really isn't a huge problem until you start getting into the longer sabotted bullets. It would do really well with long heavy full bore lead conicals. The second concern can you use a 45 for the larger game animals in your hunt areas.

$750 Canadian would not be that bad for the Mountaineer in my mind.

No i thought the 45 was 1 in 20 Well i pulled the trigger i thought the Mountaineer's were about $700 and up down south.I didn't mention it also has a Nikon scope too

No i thought the 45 was 1 in 20 Well i pulled the trigger i thought the Mountaineer's were about $700 and up down south.I didn't mention it also has a Nikon scope too

That really makes it a good buy!

If it is a 1-20 it is even a better buy! Did the guy you got from suggest it was a 1-20

That really makes it a good buy!

If it is a 1-20 it is even a better buy! Did the guy you got from suggest it was a 1-20
It's a 50 cal and no he didn't say what the twist was
I thought the 45's were a 1 in 20 twist not a 1 in 30 twist my bad

It's a 50 cal and no he didn't say what the twist was
I thought the 45's were a 1 in 20 twist not a 1 in 30 twist my bad

Geez! my fault bp, I read right over the 50 cal part in the original post and some how it went to my mind that it was 45... The first 45 cal. Mountaineers were 1/30 not until last year (19) or maybe late 18 did they offer the 1/20 option. No matter if it is a 50 it is 1/28. Although there was ten 50 cal. Mountaineer built with a 1/24 twist. I had one of those and now a fellow in ML shooter in Washington is trying it out.

Still a very good buy!

Found one in 50 cal for $750 up here {so Canadaian loonie} should i jump i'm dealing with the guy right now
If it was a 45 i wouldn't need to ask lol
First of all, congrats on finding a Knight in Canada, I'm in Canada also, I think that's an excellent price for that, im looking at getting a UL, by the time get it here, it'll be around $1600 CDN

First of all, congrats on finding a Knight in Canada, I'm in Canada also, I think that's an excellent price for that, im looking at getting a UL, by the time get it here, it'll be around $1600 CDN

I may be selling my bighorn, fired it once. It’s sat ever since. Not my cup of tea, I’ll stick with side locks.

well have to update the guy quit responding{gave a last text and he's going to keep his guns} so now there is no Knight coming my way
no money was paid so no harm no foul but i still would have liked it think it had the ultra light stock on it {Green in color}

Well that sucks, where do you look for Knights on the used market in Canada?

Last edited:
Not trying to be a d_ck but most of my whites came from the south, had 1 problem{border guy in Canada didn't know his stuff that was back when i needed to have the muzzy registered to me in Canada before i could take possession of it and it was,that is no longer the case Canada has got rid of the gun registry for now}
Muzzies are not considered a firearm{unless its a 4577??gun like a Contender and the H&R that can switch barrels to a centerfire} but a antique according to ATF it's hard to find but it's in the rules look in and around the nuclear area {really it's there}
problem is the people in the post office DON'T know what the laws are{some don't like guns either}and because of this sellers get pizzed and don't want to ship to Canada don't blame them
unless the ATF laws around muzzleloaders has changed in the last year don't know haven't needed to investigate it cuss the White i want hasn't been for sale yet:(

Back