Acura v2 bergara barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This gun the barrel is 29-1/4 inches. Well I’m a knight guy still own my first and only. Anyhow my son got a deal on this unfired new in the box Acura for 500.00 and came with five jugs of B/H. Anyway he asked me if I could get it shooting while he was out of town. I played with some Barnes tez”s last week best I could do was three inch groups at 50 yards. Don’t ask me why but I ordered a sizing kit from Thor. Loading the Thor was a weird feeling not smooth like a sabot but like jumpy stop and go is that normal with bullet to bore??? The 500 went down with two fingers the 501 had a little resistance the 502 wasn’t terrible hard but needed to lean on it a little and the 503 wasn’t happening so I’m think I’m gonna push the button on the 501. It had rifling all the way up to the tapper. And with that size barrel is that one of the LR guns. All feed back is welcomed. Just don’t ask why I am trying bullet to bore

Smokepolehall I have no idea what bore chatters is or if it’s good bad or otherwise. That being said am I doing something I shouldn’t be. And yes the land and grove marks go all the way to the top of the bullet where the tapper starts on the 501 and the 502 on the 500 only a lite marks on the bottom on the cup. And like I said when pushing the round down there all like stop and go not smooth like a sabot is this normal

Sabots in and of themselves are slick and usually won't load too hard and generally without any starting or stopping. Copper jacketing is another story, being metal on metal. You don't indicate if these were loaded to shoot or just try in the barrel, so I think the gun needs to be shot to determine whether one bullets does better than the other, but I think I'd begin with the .501.

Yes my knight likes the barns TEZ that what I tried in this Acura I tried 80-110 B/H loads with the barns 250. Nesting could get wad3-4 inch groups at only 50 yards. I’ve been curious about these bullet to bore bullets but never had a reason to try till now

This gun the barrel is 29-1/4 inches. Well I’m a knight guy still own my first and only. Anyhow my son got a deal on this unfired new in the box Acura for 500.00 and came with five jugs of B/H. Anyway he asked me if I could get it shooting while he was out of town. I played with some Barnes tez”s last week best I could do was three inch groups at 50 yards. Don’t ask me why but I ordered a sizing kit from Thor. Loading the Thor was a weird feeling not smooth like a sabot but like jumpy stop and go is that normal with bullet to bore??? The 500 went down with two fingers the 501 had a little resistance the 502 wasn’t terrible hard but needed to lean on it a little and the 503 wasn’t happening so I’m think I’m gonna push the button on the 501. It had rifling all the way up to the tapper. And with that size barrel is that one of the LR guns. All feed back is welcomed. Just don’t ask why I am trying bullet to bore
Just me but i would have chosen the .502 for a tighter fit. I would also polish the bore out. Do the Lee Shaver barrel treatment or JBBoreshine, something to smooth out the bore.

Ok I called Thor to ask there opinion but can’t get customer service on the phone for whatever reason but I ordered the 502”s he might just have to swab between shots will see I will update the results of my first range day. And I ordered up some JB polish as well thanks for all the help guys. I know I don’t come on here much and when I do I’m a pai in the ass😂

Ok today I tried the thore”out went with the 502 welp fist one was a little tuff going down so of course I got nervous well it hit dead center @100 yards luck I guess. Push another one downand it was tuff and I’m using B/H hit two inches high. Then I couldn’t get another one down so five pulls of a bore snake with a little CRC on the brush then took a third inch1/2 below the first fan the bore snake down and put three more down range grouping was beer coaster size. that was with a 250gr Thor 110 BH by volume and a cci magnums primer with an o ring. First trip I was getting a lot of blow by o ring took care of that. Anyhow s I thought it could do better so I took it up to 115 on the charge. After that there was not a group over 1” then I took it into 50 yards two shots as closed as you can get without them touching hitting one inch above where the 100”s were hitting. So I finally did something right finally . Also the gun likes a clean barrel. Thanks for everyone’s advise

We shoot the Barnes 250 gr T-EZ bullets in our Accura MRs & V2 using the dark blue sabots and 100 gr of powder or 2 pellets of T7. This seems to be very accurate for us out to 100 yards as that is a far as we tested. This is a recovered bullet that weighed 246 gr and took a nice buck at 84 yards per my Nikon Rangefinder. FWIW I don't notice chattering when loading the bullets but to me they load at what I would call firmly.
1BLNaacl.jpg

My accura V2 Lr is 29 1/4. It's also stated on the barrel that it's a Lr. Sounds like you already found a good load for it!

The dark blue sabots you mention, are they the sabots supplied by Barnes? The reason I ask is because my Accura (not a LR) with 100 GrV of BH 209 blows the blue sabots supplied by Barnes apart. I went to the Harvester Black Sabots And they stay together and accuracy improved. Just wondering if there is something else I should try.
Thanks

The dark blue sabots you mention, are they the sabots supplied by Barnes? The reason I ask is because my Accura (not a LR) with 100 GrV of BH 209 blows the blue sabots supplied by Barnes apart. I went to the Harvester Black Sabots And they stay together and accuracy improved. Just wondering if there is something else I should try.
Thanks
Yes the sabots came with the 250 gr T-EZ bullets.

I’ve been using the supplied dark blue sabots from Barnes in my kp1 forever and never had that problem. The light blue ones from harvester are high pressure sabots I do believe

Well I’m not sure why my sabots are coming apart but this is what I had.71917752715__B53FAD6E-E5A9-494D-A869-BDE9EB54BFC8.jpeg
The blue parts and pieces came from the 100GrV of BH209 In the Accura V2. My other CVA MR V2 with 70GrV is sub MOA and sabots look perfect.

Back