mountineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
problem is the people in the post office DON'T know what the laws are{some don't like guns either}and because of this sellers get pizzed and don't want to ship to Canada
That is the big stumbling block. People that control the shipping dont know or care or misunderstand the rules and make things difficult. And you cant get past them. UPS and Fedex will take stuff but want all kinds of info and fees and tariffs and some times wont take stuff if they "perceive" it as illegal. Making it difficult or expensive. Sure i can get stuff right up to the border but getting across is the problem. I have been lead to believe that to send anything from US to CA is no problem until the value is over $100.

Yep, muzzleloaders should be able to ship to canada without problems, we have no long gun registry now, and if the gun doesn't have to go through an FFL dealer, then it's only a matter of paying the duty on the gun when it crosses the border

Yep, muzzleloaders should be able to ship to canada without problems, we have no long gun registry now, and if the gun doesn't have to go through an FFL dealer, then it's only a matter of paying the duty on the gun when it crosses the border
Who is reponsible for paying the duty? Shipper or receiver? I assume there is plenty of paperwork involved in all of this.

ship USPS only had to pay duty once and that came by the brown truck
no paper work involved, now when we had the gun registry it was different we had to have the gun registered in our name before it could enter Canada

With Knights being 100% made in America, the free trade agreement, let's them cross into Canada without paying duty on them, but, the Province of Ontario where I live, I would have to pay 13% sales tax on the rifle, and, our dollar is worth about .65 cents in the USA

Latest posts

Back