Mounts and rings for NEF

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head Hunter

Reaction score
I purchased an NEF for my brother for Xmas. What are the best mounts and rings for it. Also, can someone suggest a replacement ramrod? Thanks

The best place to get your mounts is from H&R:

http://www.hr1871.com/Store/default.aspx

Use any Weaver-style rings..I used Warne Maxima...

As for Ramrod...you'll really have to use the one that came with it that screws out so it is longer when time to load. Any aftermarket ramrod will be too short..

The base from H&R is the only one to use as the aftermarket ones do not have mounting slots far enough to the rear to allow the scope to be positioned correctly. I know as I bought one that will not work. It fits but the scope is about two inches too far forward so I ordered the correct one from H&R and it works correctly. As far as a replacement ramrod Hubbard Outdoor Products makes a much improved replacement. It functions just like the original except that it is much stronger made from solid naval brass and when extended it is two inches longer than the stock one. The end is tapped with the correct thread for accessories which the stock rod is not and the Hubbard rod has a recess in the end to allow loading of the newer pointed bullets. I have one and it is great!!! The quality is superior and the Cost is $35 and worth every penny.

As far as a replacement ramrod Hubbard Outdoor Products makes a much improved replacement. It functions just like the original except that it is much stronger made from solid naval brass and when extended it is two inches longer than the stock one. The end is tapped with the correct thread for accessories which the stock rod is not and the Hubbard rod has a recess in the end to allow loading of the newer pointed bullets. I have one and it is great!!!

I didn't know that! :shock: :D That IS good to know! Here's the link:

Hubbard Outdoor Products

Back