mounts for Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head Hunter

Reaction score
I ordered a stainless Omega with laminated stock from Buds Gun Shop for $321.00 (thanks for the earlier tip on this). I forgot to ask the guy on the phone about mounts and rings. What do you all suggest? I have a Leupold 2-7 to go on top of this rig. Are there any that are superior? Does anybody use the quick disconnect models, and if so, do they return to zero? Thanks!

Chuck's recommendation is right on (as usual) but you might also look at the Stratton Custom bases at Midway (Encore bases fit Omega by the way). The Strattons are a bit sleeker in appearance if that matters to you.

Stratton Custom at Midway

Underclocked said:
Here's another one you might take a look at http://eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm

I can't personally vouch for the quality of that unit but I think someone here bought one (Chuck?).

Yeah I have one but...the jury is still out. The peep HAS to go between the magnification adjustment and the rear ring(medium rings). My Omega is shooting high with the peep so I have to bring the peep toward the rear to LOWER it and the poi. THEREFORE I have to move the SCOPE to the rear(closer to my EYE!) too to keep the mag. adjustment ring from coming in contact with the peep. Will go back to the range to see how things go. I have had this base for so short a time, I would HATE to recommend it without knowing if it will go the distance or not. I KNOW the Maxima base IS a fine one so that's still my recommendation...

Latest posts

Back