Muzzleloader Muley

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shguns

Reaction score
My 19 year old son got his first muzzleloader deer on September 26th.
I bought this GM Barrel from Idaholewis a couple years ago. He got it from cayugad who posted alot on here before his untimely passing.
I'm sure Dave would appreciate a young person taking a deer with a muzzleloader barrel he once owned. 🙂

Attachments

• 20210926_070512.jpg
    20210926_070512.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 66
The load used was 80 grains volume of Swiss FFg and a 250 grain Nosler .452/.451 bullet in a Harvester crush rib sabot lit by a CCI #11magnum percussion cap.

Range was about 50 yards.

Thanks Lewis! I was hoping you would see my post. I never met Dave but after reading lots of his posts and his contributions of trying to help others on this forum, it kind of felt like I had gotten acquainted with him in some way. My son could have used another muzzleloader in the herd but he chose the one with that stainless barrel and Lyman sights. 😉

Congrats big time! A special day for sure.The hunt, the rifle, the barrel, the 1st muley and the memory that’ll linger.
Happy for him.
A fellow hunter.

My 19 year old son got his first muzzleloader deer on September 26th.
I bought this GM Barrel from Idaholewis a couple years ago. He got it from cayugad who posted alot on here before his untimely passing.
I'm sure Dave would appreciate a young person taking a deer with a muzzleloader barrel he once owned. 🙂
Congrats to your son! That is a nice looking rifle!

Latest posts

Back