My 100 buck 45 disc range trip

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjhans53

Reaction score
I dug threw the old bins and cubby holes and came up with a box of 180 xtp's, hornady sabots and maybe 25 org disc. I confirmed last night that this thing was a 1:20 twist and the object of the range trip was to go, confirm it didn't shoot worth a hoot, so I could get with knight and order a 50 cal barrel for it. I pick up a box of 45 pellets and started with them. I bore sighted last night while mounting the scope and 1st shot @ 25 was 4 high and 3 right. made the adjustments and 2nd shot 12 o clock 1/2 high, 3rd shot went in the same hole. 16 clicks down and out to 50 i went. Shot 4 and 5 overlapping side by side @ center. Put two more shots in that group and it opened to just under an inch. Switch to a 3 year old jug of Pyrodex P and 80 grains was 1 1/2 low so kicked it to 100 gr and was in the center ring from there it opened up a bit, probably 1 3/4 group @ 50 I don't know if it was the powder or me. I've been smokless for a few years and for some strange reason I really enjoyed todays outing, yeh the clean up was more but that's just shooting something that makes smoke. I guess the next big step is BH209. Just have to find some or order some.

Darn!

No getting it away from ya now :roll: :wink:
Darn Knight rifles...Always shooting so good, even those weird 1:20 twist 45's :cry: :wink: 8)

It sounds like a good shooter.. What is the best twist for a .45 caliber inline?

From what I have read the last day or so knight changed to a 1:30. Precision bullets indicates that a 1:28 or a 1:30 shoots better. They also say that up to 1700 fps a 1:20 is ok. But maybe someone forgot to tell this cheap gun that it isn't suppose to shoot. Time will tell.
Ron

Latest posts

Back