my first ml and hopefully first deer hunt .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celt1314

Reaction score
hello everyone. Just moved to Illinois and decided on going with a muzzle loader for hunting. I love outside of Chillicothe Illinois and there is a state hunting land called Marshall. I hope to get my first deer this season. I'm forty and just got into shooting last year. I hope to get some schooling from this forum. I have lots of questions and have gotten some pretty conflicting answers so far. I'm working to get my foid card so I can get my hunting license. Glad to be hear. Looking forward to soaking up some info.

Welcome! I strongly recommend you to do some searches on your particular rifle. Copy all and any info that may be helpful. Unfortunately, this great site is going to be closed soon. One thing I will say, when you get your first deer with a muzzle loader you'll find it very hard to want to hunt any other way! Good luck!

My first year hunting was with a ML, and I believe my last hunting will be with a ML as well. I like the idea of one shot, one kill. You really need good shooting skills to be good at ML hunting, I think that is why I like it so much, all for the challenge. It makes you feel real good when take a deer home.

Latest posts

Back