My RamRod hangs out...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Knight DISC and when I got it, it was missing the ramrod. I have a parts "Black Knight" with a badly rusted barrel but the rest of the gun is nice and it had a ramrod so I put it with the DISC rifle...but it hangs over past the muzzel about an inch and a half. I know I will get some powder marking on the end during firing. Is there any other problem with this set up?

Attachments

• 20200511_153038 (1).jpg
    20200511_153038 (1).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 13
Won't hurt anything as long as the muzzle is clear. My Optima V2 rifle has a little ramrod extension past the end of the barrel due to a upgrade. Only some powder burn like you said.

You could have it cut down if it bothers you. A couple of mine hang out there about the same when I have the “high BC bullet” seating attachments on. Never had any trouble with it other than, as previously state, a little powder burn on that purty brass tip.

Thanks all. I just wanted to make sure It wasn't going to be a problem beyond what I could think up. I am headed o the range this weekend to get a load started. Fingers crossed that I draw my ML tag this year.

Latest posts

Back