my son and I and the game warden

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The barrels in both of my SxS guns shoot about 5" apart at 50 yds. However, one shoots the left barrel 3" too high and the other shoots it 2" low. AND I always forget which gun shoots which way.  :scratch:

I don't understand how anyone could feel proud that they caught a second limit on the same day.
It spells greed. I distain the greedy, and would've loved to see you caught and fined and fish taken. Just my upbringing I guess.

Okay, how did we go from fishing to shotguns?
BTW: it's time to let it go of the double limit...that was almost 4 years ago. Those fish are not going extinct. And good eating.

This past winter my son and I decided to do some ice fishing in the highup in Arizona, so we headed up on a nice day, with a breeze to make it interesting. The road had been bladed so there was a row of snow along the edge of the road. We parked on the edge of the road, and loaded up and walked out on the lake. The middle of the lake was free of ice and the breeze rippled the water. We walked out a ways and checked the ice depth, four inches, so we drilled four or five holes, set our chairs up and then put some corn down a couple of holes. Put corn on our hooks and waited. Well, we had it hot and heavy and were soon at our limits, so we took those fish ashore and stuck em in a snow bank, then returned to our chairs and started over again. Before long we lacked a fish each of having our limits when a game warden comes by, gets out and hollers for us to come ashore so he can check our licenses. I told him if he wanted to see mine, to just come on out. Every now and then the water ripples would send a crack all the way to shore, and one side of the crack would raise half an inch, but no water surfaced. The game warden starts out and he's a young guy fresh out of college, no brains. Half way out the ice cracks again and the crack ran right between his legs. He hollers, have a nice day, and dashes for shore, hops in his pickup and drives off. We caught another fish to finish our limits, gathered up and walked back to the pickup and put our catch in the ice chest and left another direction. I've been skunked on that lake so many times I didn't feel bad at all. It was a great day. :bounce:
So let get this right. You caught twice your daily limits and don't mind because you've fished there before and gotten skunked? Are you just trying to bait people to respond? At best a very poor example to set for your son and at worst your just poachers. Not sportsmen. I wouldn't be bragging about it that's for sure. Just my opinion. We learned about this as kids in Hunter education in the early 70s. It's called the conservation ethic. I recommend you read beyond fair chase by posewitz. I think you'd learn something.

This past winter my son and I decided to do some ice fishing in the highup in Arizona, so we headed up on a nice day, with a breeze to make it interesting. The road had been bladed so there was a row of snow along the edge of the road. We parked on the edge of the road, and loaded up and walked out on the lake. The middle of the lake was free of ice and the breeze rippled the water. We walked out a ways and checked the ice depth, four inches, so we drilled four or five holes, set our chairs up and then put some corn down a couple of holes. Put corn on our hooks and waited. Well, we had it hot and heavy and were soon at our limits, so we took those fish ashore and stuck em in a snow bank, then returned to our chairs and started over again. Before long we lacked a fish each of having our limits when a game warden comes by, gets out and hollers for us to come ashore so he can check our licenses. I told him if he wanted to see mine, to just come on out. Every now and then the water ripples would send a crack all the way to shore, and one side of the crack would raise half an inch, but no water surfaced. The game warden starts out and he's a young guy fresh out of college, no brains. Half way out the ice cracks again and the crack ran right between his legs. He hollers, have a nice day, and dashes for shore, hops in his pickup and drives off. We caught another fish to finish our limits, gathered up and walked back to the pickup and put our catch in the ice chest and left another direction. I've been skunked on that lake so many times I didn't feel bad at all. It was a great day. :bounce:
Yeah boy! You showed him alright. IF it's true and I doubt less than half of it was. I thought when I joined this group I would be swapping hunting and fishing stories of a legal nature. I didn't know there were going to be people like you here bragging about breaking the law and how sorry a parent you are. I especially like that part about when you left you drove in the opposite direction. Taught your son how to be a coward too? I wasn't impressed by your story one bit. You were right about one thing. Of the people on the ice that day there was one that had no brains. You.

He hasn't been on the forum since 2016. I guess we shamed him into leaving.

I thought I was stopping it by saying the guy is gone.

Buck is working on his post count but he'll never catch me. :)

I thought I was stopping it by saying the guy is gone.
When I posted my remarks I had not looked at the dates. My mistake. I probably wouldn't have bothered. I won't do that again. It was good to see that not everyone was in agreement with the original post. Tells me I joined a pretty good group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back