My views have changed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
My whole life I have always lived in city limits. The view out the back deck for the last 7 years is houses so close you could see right in there living rooms. For the 5 years before that I94 was 100 ft behind our townhouse and during rush hour you couldnt even carry on a conversation outside it was so loud. My wife and I always dreamed of having some land out in the country. A place to raise our kids on the country life style, place to have chickens, privacy, shoot guns, ride four wheelers, big garden. Well on thursday at 1:00 I was finally able to make it happen! We signed the papers on a beautiful but modest house on 10 acres in the middle of nowhere ! I can deer hunt in my own yard now! Still kind of feels like a dream and that its not real.

Here is my view having my morning coffee with Zeus friday morning.

20160722_062240_zpsreakhkgb.jpg

20160722_062244_zpsaxjn7z8b.jpg

Chicken coop in the back ground I build at the old house so it was ready to go when we moved. Still needs a roof.
20160722_062249_zpscrmicas1.jpg

aerial view of my new woods
Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-18-15_zpsqo05vqk0.png

Can barely hear the cars down the long driveway
Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-17-56_zpsbb0jhqdq.png

It looks beautiful!! I can sure understand the need to live outside the city. Like you I spent many years living in the City. And the dream of always being out in the middle of nowhere was very strong. I purchased this place where I live as a "get away" for the weekends. And after retiring, one weekend I asked myself ... "Why do I have to go back to the city?" It was shortly after that I moved out here and sold all the properties in the city. I have never regretted that. No more neighbors watching me through the window, and renters demanding I come fix something they broke. The quiet will get to you at first. But you'll love it. That sure looks like a nice place.

Congrads Mossy! :applause: :applause: I would bet you are going to love it there and so will the family. :partyman:

:yeah:
I wish and your family the very best. Enjoy your new surroundings with your family and you'll never have to look for them any where else. Good Luck :!:

Ray............ :applause:

Gorgeous! Congrats to you and your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. We havent even lived there 2 weeks yet and it already feels like home!

We have a friend that comes in the yard either in the early morning or late evening. The kids have told me she is off limits this fall lol. She seems fascinated with the swing set.
20160801_203549_zpsfgidessd.jpg

Trying to do some scouting in the thick woods I came across a stand the previous owner left.
20160724_112334_zpshmwksrvy.jpg

And the yard is full of gophers! Never knew the house came with my own personal "wac-a-mole" game! The 17hmr is going to see alot of action.
20160724_182717_zpsjbhszftl.jpg

Looks like a little chunk of haven, praise God for his many blessings.

Looks great hope you enjoys the country. Like you I spent over 30 years between I-94 6 lane and US 20 4 lane in NW Indiana. Couldn't wait until retirement time to move back home in the middle of nowhere western Ky. That came in 2001 and I have not regret it one minute. Deer and Turkey in the yard, 800+ acre lake nearby. Going to sight in the new ML off the front porch today and kill a tree...LOL. Only 2 other houses on my road that dead end at the lake, one way in and one way out. Great neighbors, one is weekends in summertime only and the other is our doctor who couldn't handle city life any longer. Both 300+ yards away thru the woods. May someday get to be to much to take care of and I have to move but that time has not came yet.

Latest posts

Back