What a day :(

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With God's grace and a whole lot of effort on her part, your little wife will heal and recover. You are going to have to stay on her to keep up her PT regime when she is home or anywhere she can. I'm 69 and rehabbing a shoulder repair, so I know how slow it can be and just how much work it is to self-motivate. My range of motion is good and pain levels are way down, bit I'm amazed that I'm weak as a kitten. I will just have to be dedicated if I am going to enjoy next September's archery elk hunt in Colorado. The baby steps gained are tough but worth it,

Just read your post today. Sorry to hear about the wife. Prayers for both her and you. Haven't seen your post in Michigan-Sportsman lately. Always followed your Muzzleloading post.

Just read your post today. Sorry to hear about the wife. Prayers for both her and you. Haven't seen your post in Michigan-Sportsman lately. Always followed your Muzzleloading post.
Thanks.
The wife sees the light at the end of the tunnel. They're trying to teach her to walk using a cane and trying to get her strength back. The brace has her knee bending to 120°. Long road yet.

Just an update. There's still a lot of recovery yet to happen but, she's a long way from where she was back in August. The 8 fractures with all the plates and screws have healed. The incisions have all healed. There's still a lot of muscle and tendon work to be done but, its coming along.

Her first trip out to the mailbox in over 6 months.

First time in over 6 months - YouTube

good deal nice to see her up and walking. few more months she will be ready for some long over due fun!
best of luck i new she could do it. remember no pain no gain! i know it was rough on both of you, i hope
things are all good from here on in.
bob

It's a miracle what doctors can do today Glad to hear she is on the mend I too am guilty of the same thing climbing ladders at 85 My son god rest his sole was 6'5" and I am still needing a ladder to get thing he piled high beyond my reach in both garages

I just had to share. I know she doesn't like me sharing it though but, she doesn't even know I took it LOL

She started going down the basement steps, all 15 of them, to get to the treadmill. She's spending 10min walking on that and is up to 2.1mph. She'll do that a couple times a day. She makes it up and down those steps good. Her permanent handicap license plate came today. She wasn't real enthused about that but, things in life change.
It really feels good to see her feeling better, doing more and enthused about doing more. She keeps track of everything and to date she's had 52 PT sessions. They are still twice a week though through the end of the month. Not sure but I think the PT's would like her just a little longer just to loosen some muscles and strengthen others.

This has been an experience............

Latest posts

Back