my wife

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtwister_jbo

Reaction score
took my wife 2 a little spot only about 25acres,she never hunted with her muzzleloader,she always been tagged out by then lol,well monday i take her 2 were i killed my 1st deer(1978)an tell her watch the trail coming off the hill in 2 the food plot.about 45mins later a miss,miss understanding with my spotter an shot low.the smoke cleared an i see like 10tails heading right 4 the wife.boom she shots ,i see this big cloud of smoke an i her screaming i got one.she shoots a real big doe at 85yrds hits it right behind the right shoulder an exits out the left side thru the last rib about 4'' lower than the entrance she went right down stone dead.2 mins later my buddy shots an kills a big doe.
wife using a cva wolf 3x9x40 world class tasco scope,shooting 240grns 44cal xtp bullets pushed by 90grns of pyro rs
buddy was using a old knight not sure what kind uses a #11cap he's had it 4 a long time.his shot was over 150yrds only went about 25yrds after the shot
twister

Congratulations on the deer, it does seem like a rifle, no matter the age or cost, can get the job done with the right load.

Latest posts

Back