Need Help with a Knight DISC.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

163bc

Reaction score
Like the title says. I have a friend that is moving and clearing out stuff. Yesterday he handed me a virtually brand new Knight disc rifle. I know its been fired only a handful of times. However that's all he handed me. I dont know anything about it. No manual, no tools, no discs, nothing else.
From what I have gleaned off this site it seems that a breech plug conversion is the way to go. Do i need a different bolt. Is there a tool for the knights to get the old plug out and new one in? Can i shoot Blackhorn 209? Anything else i need to know? Thank you in advance

Does it use the Orange DISC? If so, you will need to update the Bolt to an Extreme. Then you can buy the breechplug and bolt adapter upgrade to shoot bare primers.

A Knight isn’t rocket science. A 7/16 deep socket will get the breech plug out. I’ve used orange discs, red discs, and now bare primers, and they all make the rifle go bang.

What does it say on the side of the barrel?
If it’s a original disc then it would say D.I.S.C and it takes orange disc but really can’t say until we know what it says.

stamped on barrel it says:
Knight 50 Caliber Black Powder Only
D.I.S.C. Made in USA Pat.Pending

Sir picture would help us help you. I have 4 Knights and love them. all different models. The red plastic jackets work fine you do get a little blow back (dirt) in breech area. The bare 209 works exactly the same with zero blow back. Orange jacket was on the early models and is a little harder to find plastic primer holders and they have to be slid in gun that a slot in the bolt lines up with tang on plastic sleeve other than that works the same with a little blow back. I shoot real BP 3 F in my 45's / I shoot real BP (2f & 3f) and substitute in the 50's. It all works great Your choice. I also have older ones that use #11 caps they always go bang and hit where you aim. Hope that helps.

This is an original bolt it does not have the lip on the end of the bolt it is smooth.
If yours is not smooth and has a lip the it take FPJ.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Yes, I would convert it to a bare primer breech plug then use it for hunting, unless you have something you like better. I’d start by removing the breech plug with deep well socket, ensure the bore is clean, lightly lubed.

Latest posts

Back