NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ, THANK YOU

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonC said:
Let's just stick to discussions about serious life issues like whether Hanes or Fruit-of-the-Loom boxer briefs are better.
Ron
Hmmm, that could be a sticky subject if Pete was here, probably never heard of either one...  :lol!:

Yeah never any politics or religion on here folks! I dont even like talking about that in person. Just causes way to many issues. Hell, you see who folks get just talking about guns, primers and powder. :lol:

Reflecting my own uses against that department list, I find one big glaring hole.  It's covered here and there on individual topics within some of the departments, but what about a department devoted to HUNTING WITH TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADERS?  I'd subdivide it into big game, small game, shotgunning/birds if you thought it would help.  Truth be told I fire about 300 shots at small game or birds for every round fired at big game, though I suspect most of the yack is going to be about big game.

Another good department would be PLINKING OR FIELD SHOOTING WITH TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADERS.  Most yack is about shooting on the range, but what about getting out in the hills away from the range for some serious fun.  In my old archery days we called it "roving," just wandering around picking targets of opportunity.  Best shooting practice ever for hunting with a bow, and the same is true with a muzzleloader.  Can't tell you how many rocks and pebbles I've blown up in creek beds, ice chunks and snowballs in winter, or clam shells on our deserted beaches.  Sure is fun, and fun enough to chase me off any formal range.  I'm real curious what others are doing for fun, and I'm always looking for new ideas.  Anyone ever launch boats (sticks) in a river and shoot at them with your shore battery (rifles)? Buds and I do it all the time, with "hits" being shots that launch the sticks into the air, but extra bragging rights when two pieces of stick go up on top of a cloud of spray. Dat kinda stuff.

A lot of these are good ideas but most of the forum covers these areas. The hunting lodge for an example can be used for off topics, including trips to the range or hunting with traditional muzzleloaders. In fact, I have always encouraged folks to post in the hunting lodge with their hunting stories as its easier to find them in here than in the traditional muzzleloading area. Now I can add some of these, but if they do not get used often enough, I usually end up moving them somewhere else and delete that certain area.

Plinking, field shooting, that can go into the shooting range or even the hunting lodge. If its placed in an area that it should not be in, its easy enough for the mods or myself to move it to the correct area and not a hassle.

Never did any shooting into water. Any water around here I don't feel safe enough doing with all the people plus I was taught to not shoot at or into water. Heck, I gave up shootin song birds years ago to lol. I was hell on wheels when a BB gun in hand during those days.

RonC said:
Let's just stick to discussions about serious life issues like whether Hanes or Fruit-of-the-Loom boxer briefs are better.
Ron
Come on Ron you know that its only the no bull and Duluth Trading buck naked underwear thats the best.Besides nobody wants to see that butt crack.   :!:

:cheers:

Buck Conner said:
Huh ...  :roll:   :slaps:   :No:  Ron butt naked  :x   :affraid:
I am much too modest for such a display. I will stick to wearing my Speedos.
Ron

Latest posts

Back