New accura need scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 raggedhole

Reaction score
I just got a new cva accura pr and looking to scope it. I have scopes on some of my Centerfire rifles, they all have standard duplex reticle. What I'm wondering is how many of you use BDC or Mil Dot scopes on your muzzleloaders with what kind of results? Are the really all that people say thay are? And what do some of you more seasons Muzzleloader Hunters have to say about scope and reticle types?

I like BDC scopes. I have all Nikon. I go to Nikon's Spot-On site and plug in the correct numbers and then print out the results. The furthest I have used the BDC reticle is 304 yds with a Nikon Omega scope on a SML muzzleloader.

I read somewhere with a Nikon BDC if you change your Zoom it changes point of impact on the BDC is this true?

Yes, that's how it works for my scopes. If I'm shooting at long range, I'm on max power anyway. Anything 100yds and under, I'm using my main cross hairs no matter what power.

I prefer a simple duplex, maybe heavy duplex. Other than that a few hash marks, like the Burris ballistic plex is O.K.. I am usually close enough where the most I do is hold high on fur.

Nothing wrong with the other reticles, just the way I’ve gravitated over the years. A rangefinder can be handy at times too.

Back