New black powder shooter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
A couple friends and I were out at the Whittington Center shooting my .45cal Ultramag CVA. I mainly wanted to test an assortment of sabots that Marty traded me and after I did my range work, I turned it over to my other friend that had never really shot anything other than hand guns now and then, along with a .22cal rifle. He was recoil sensitive at first but quickly calmed down and found the target quickly and easily. After showing him how to reload it, he did everything on his own, except prime the rifle, which I prefer to do when new shooters are handling a new weapon.

He did awesome! I had him shooting both blackhorn209 & sabots - Lyman maxiballs, he was putting them right in the same groups that I had been shooting.

He wants one now, but I told him to hold off! I'll bring a Hawken and we'll see which one he takes a better liking to :lol!:

100 yard bulls eye, 200gr Nosler in a harvester ez load sabot, 100gr blackhorn209.
53621210.jpg

53730210.jpg

54209210.jpg

It's always satisfying when you introduce someone to the world of muzzleloaders. ;)
I think it's the lingering smoke cloud which gets them hooked. :)

Latest posts

Back