New buckskin hunting coat

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are worried about the sunglasses and soda can you missed the watch,, !!

Had a question for ya all. since I do wear glasses... Do you know if current lenses crafters can make set of corrective lenses for those old time frames? Or know of a place? If attending a rendezvous I tend not to wear them and just go around squinting a lot. give me a headache to be honest.

Had a question for ya all. since I do wear glasses... Do you know if current lenses crafters can make set of corrective lenses for those old time frames? Or know of a place? If attending a rendezvous I tend not to wear them and just go around squinting a lot. give me a headache to be honest.
I wouldn't be surprised, but the price would probably make your headache even worse. I liked the frames on my modern glasses and wanted to keep them, but they wanted to charge me twice as much as for the whole set of glasses. Fortunately, they still had the same frames, so I just went that route. No idea why they do that, and the gal at the optomitrist's office couldn't tell me either. :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised, but the price would probably make your headache even worse. I liked the frames on my modern glasses and wanted to keep them, but they wanted to charge me twice as much as for the whole set of glasses. Fortunately, they still had the same frames, so I just went that route. No idea why they do that, and the gal at the optomitrist's office couldn't tell me either. :mad:

Seem pretty reasonable to me at https://www.townsends.us/collections/eyewear
1740-1800 Reproduction Glasses Frames $33.00

18th Century Reproduction Glasses
$33.00

19th Century Reproduction Glasses
$28.00

Frames in the $30 dollar range with the most expensive part is your lenses. If your into being correct for what ever your period is. :thumbs up:

buck conner.jpg

I was thinking John Lennon, but I kind of feel the same way. :cool:

Like anything we do, are you going to be correct to the period or do it half way (nice term for 'half ass" which seems to be what a large percentage do). That's like these guys doing an event in period correct clothing, equipment and thousands on a horse and that gear. Then you go into the period camps at night and the same guys are eating modern foods (what happened to "Period Correct" Jonathan) ?

That's how "Clark & Sons Mercantile" came about in the mid 1970's (only resource for documentated period correct foods, cooking wares and camp accessories on the Internet or having a store dedicated to just that). The writer like Mark Baker, John Curry and several others wrote about us in every issue of their magazines. We would supply them a product to test and do reviews on for their articlres.
Correctness (the quality or state of being free from error; accuracy) was what period anything is all about. :coffee:

buck conner.jpg

We got a pair made up for my father, just took them to our normal eye doctor. They measured and odered some custom lenses for them. Made us sign a waiver as they were afraid of breaking the antique frames, but was simple. Walmart and othaer quick eye services probably can't do this, but also never tried.
Mike

As my bride suggested I'm ordering a pair of late 1800 style and wear them awhile to see if I want to spend the $ on custom lenses. As for "correctness" Mr. O'Conner, I'm getting into blk Powder for the challenge of the hunt. Though I do have a period correct cloth shirt I'll not give up my coveralls winter or summer. I won't give up my modern food for sitting around a campfire eating dog meat to be spot on, beaver OK. Sleeping in a tepee or trade tent? I live 2 blocks from our rendezvous site which shirttails off of the local museum. A nice meadow surrounded by tall cottonwoods at the edge of town (443 pop) and a short way from the Encampment river. Our museum is highly acclaimed with many orig bldgs. with period trappings inside and the only 2 story outhouse I know of, the snow used to get deep here! This is also history days at the Museum with weaving and spinning demos etc. We already have many Colo people here every year. Over a hundred shooters last year. Hawk and knife comp, frying pan thro, fire starting etc. It is geared for children and up and coming young people to maintain our goals. I'll repeat some of this in the Events forum, redundancy is the privilege of age. Out

Latest posts

Back