New build plans?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just finishing up a build I started back in May. Mark made me a .45 barrel for an Encore. I sent the frame to him to be nitrided so it all matched and had the stock hydrodipped. I received the barrel and am just waiting for the breech plug and it will be ready to go. Should come in right about 8 lbs. Super excited for it.
sounds sweet, be sure to post new baby pics when its all done

Sure will. Supposed to climb out of the sub-arctic temps this next week and I'm really really hoping I have parts in so I can try shooting it.
Hasn't this last week been a treat? I have 8 degrees right now but a SE wind is blowing hard enough that sparrows stay in place in the air with their wings out. I have no idea what the wind chill index is but then I have zero plans to venture out to find out.

Hasn't this last week been a treat? I have 8 degrees right now but a SE wind is blowing hard enough that sparrows stay in place in the air with their wings out. I have no idea what the wind chill index is but then I have zero plans to venture out to find out.
That's one word for it. I got kinda spoiled with not having to cut so much firewood so far this winter but boy we sure made up for it the last 10 days or so. With this wind that seems like it hasn't stopped the house feels cold all the time. Finally hopefully going to get new windows and siding from that hail storm a year and a half ago. Hopefully that will help slow the drafts down in our old house.

A buddy in Bemidji said he had -26 this morning. I'm thankful we haven't gotten that cold yet. 22 degrees right now but with that wind its still darned cold on the hide if you're outside for long. We went to the mall and walked this morning when it was a nice 9 degrees and it felt like it was about ten below. Rain/snow mix forecast for later in this new week ahead. Can't wait for the theatrics that that will bring.

Good luck on your new build! Waiting to see some pics of it.

Sure been cold here in Arkansas I dropped to Sabot on my concrete floor yesterday and it shattered.
I shot my new to me smokeless twice this afternoon ,100 yds and 3 inch off the bull .1st shot was 9:00 @100 yds 2nd was 1:00 2 inch off . The 2nd shot was with my middle finger as my trigger finger couldn't feel the trigger but 11 degrees made for interesting challenges .Tomorrow will give it another try ,this time with a buddy heater /electric socks and hand warmers !!/Ed (Duplex with 2400 powder worked well)

It is been freezing here for 8 days in a row hard freeze I have so much shooting to do you're tougher than me

Did you slip it into that other stock
Yes goes in that stock like it belongs there , no choice I started out ice fishing (running low on perch/crappy) so 1st hole 3-4 inch 30 ft and my spud punched thru with 1 1/2- 2 inch and decided to try shooting instead ! The wind was awesome so back at the bench wasn't bad but left chrono home so with 2 shots I was done shooting too . Another 1st was I got the first shot off ( left the rear bag home so used a towel) and that one went 9:00 but the 2nd one shot high (like your target ) but to do that I used my middle finger cause my trigger finger was
numb /white had could not feel the trigger . But elevation was good @ 100 yds so the scope is on just me that was off !!! Light blue with my 300 gr Accurate mold (maybe you would like some just to try ) they are pure but when I get my new molds I will bump the hardness up . My Optima 50 likes that 401 nurled to .402in with the Harvester dark Blue at 200 yds too but I really don't do my best in this cold and neither does the batteries ,haven't shot target since September so it shows but 3 freezers' are full . I would like to text some photos of today if you don't mind , forgot my camera too so it's a good thing I live down the street . 25 grains of 2400 over 10 grains of 5744 and saw no sign of powder leaking though I have no idea of how fast it did get there quik thou . I am going to persist in spite of the cold until there's enough ice to fish and not go swimming . The guy who bought my Renegade is paying 1/2 on Feb 1/balance @ end of February and then i get you paid , the wife said that was nice of you but she doesn't like owing money either but winter is slow for me . I just could not pass up the opportunity you provided and thanks again for doing that /Ed

Back