New CNY ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWSmith

Reaction score
Hello!
Heard about this site from a friend. He said it has alot of great articles that I should be reading.
I'm very new to shooting a muzzleloader...as in here's my last 10 shots out of the pack of 16 Powerbelts that came in the CVA Wolf outfit:
MuzzleLoader007.jpg

MuzzleLoader003.jpg

I found it to be more fun than I expected it to be....hated running out of bullets :roll:

Everyone, GW and I go back a few years yet we are both new to front end stuffers.

Gary, Tuesday I feel we will be running out of bullets as well.
Hopefully we can give the new guy that works on the farm here a few tips.
Safety needs to be stressed to teh extent it makes him paranoid! Either that or so much he thinks we are wacked! :lol:
Wait a minute, I think he already thinks that of me. JK!!

Welcome to the forum guys. There are a lot of knowledgable guys here that don't mind sharing information. Inline, sidelock as well as smokeless.

Thanks Mike.

I've been tryingot play catch up on my readings that I have missed over the past year plus. I'm getting there!!

Thanks Guys!
Dave and I do go back a few years but both of us have been hunting most of our lives. I know getting into muzzleloading has added feul to the flame of anticipation towards hunting season. I know both of us look forward to taking our first deer with ML's.

Personally I was thinking about starting years ago but could not get over the stigma that was caused by fear brought about by the lack of knowledge.
I know everyone has their favorite rifles and choices in loads and bullets...I'm sure I'll be there myself someday. For now its all fun and learning!!!

Welcome to the forum, both of you! 8)

Looking foward to your range reports! We LOVE pictures! :D

It's 9:03 AM and I'm patiently waiting for GW and another to arrive.
Range time, is scheduled for 2PM but I am psyched.
I just washed my wool bore mop and I ready to go. I have to grab the picnic table and shove it in the truck, I mean car. LOL I have a Ford Focus ZX3 and treat it like a truck. Yes, my small picnic table will fit in the back. :)
I live on a farm and we have specific area to shot that has a great backstop.
Our ranges are from point blank to about 200 yds. GW's range finder will get the exact distance later. I hope he brings it. 8)
Anyway, I'm hoping to be shooting some pics and we'll try to get them on here later.

Dave

Oh, they have scopes....I just have iron sights! We'll see who holds the better group. :wink:

Latest posts

Back