New CVA Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JED

Reaction score
Got a new CVA Accura MR with the Begara barrel and nitride finish. Size is 50 cal. I am shooting Triple 7 pellets. This rifle seems to shoot the 245 Powe Belt aerotip projectiles.

Next week I am going to try loose powder since I have a full bottle of Triple 7. Want to shoot it until it becomes second nature.

So far I like the rifle. I put a TC scope on it but the glass clarity is not what I expected. Soooo, yesterday I purchased a Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex. Will mount that scope this weekend and shoot it next week.

Most of my shots are less than 50 yards.

I have shot a side hammer but went to the inline because of ease of maintenance.

Congrats on the rifle!

Should be a good shooter for u.

Do some research on the power belts if u have never used them before, many poor reviews but some good ones. If they are your hunting bullet, heavier is better and don't push them too fast.

If you really want to shoot full bore bullets that are light for caliber, check out Thor bullets. The price it not much different than the Powerbelts and they are made from copper like a Barnes bullet. They offer a sizing sample pack so you can find the size that fits your bore the best.

https://www.thorbullets.com/

img_01.jpg

If you go to loose powder, Blackhorn 209 is the best there is, but with your Accura MR, you would have to replace the stock breech plug with a BH 209 breech plug to get reliable ignition. However, IMO, it is well worth it. BH 209 is noncorrosive and gives better performance, better accuracy and produces less, and softer, fouling than or any other substitute. A couple of loads you might also want to try are the Hornady 44 cal 265 gr FTX bullet with a smooth green Harvester sabot, which I shoot with 100 gr of BH 209, and the 300 gr Harvester Scorpion PT Gold with a red Harvester crush rib sabot, which I shoot with 110 gr of BH 209. Both of these loads will give 1" groups at 100 yds with both my Accura V2 and my son's Optima V2, if we do our part.

Latest posts

Back