new CVA muzzleloader guy from P.A

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVA7589

Reaction score
Hello everyone just wanted to say hello my name is Justin im a married father of 2 im from P.A. new to the sport of muzzleloading my father inlaw got me hooked so went and got a used CVA optima v1 and loving it so far so any info on the gun or loads that this gun likes would be appreciated look forward to learning new things thanks :yeah: and also while im on the thought of learning new things lol how do u upload a picture for ur profile ive tried a few times and have my pic selected but it dosent want to show up when i click submit and it says about the size i know the pics i have should work so any thougts on that matter thanks again

CVA7589 said:
Hello everyone just wanted to say hello my name is Justin im a married father of 2 im from P.A. new to the sport of muzzleloading my father inlaw got me hooked so went and got a used CVA optima v1 and loving it so far so any info on the gun or loads that this gun likes would be appreciated look forward to learning new things thanks :yeah: and also while im on the thought of learning new things lol how do u upload a picture for ur profile ive tried a few times and have my pic selected but it dosent want to show up when i click submit and it says about the size i know the pics i have should work so any thougts on that matter thanks again

My Optima liked a number of different loads. They all center on 90 grains of powder. Loose powder. Forget the pellets. I started it with 777 powder and it shot very well. Then because of the BlackHorn craze, changed out breech plugs and have been shooting Black Horn 209. When I run out, I am going back to 777 2f. It did just fine.

I have been shooting a 260 grain Hornady PT Gold out of mine. Also the .40 caliber 200 grain Shockwaves shoot real well. I have yet to harvest a deer with mine, so I can only suggest loads that shoot well in my rifle.

As for your picture, you need to down size the over all picture. Then it should fit in the header.

Latest posts

Back