New Federal Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Bullets!

I have 2 packs on the way from Carlos.He got 6 packs in and I have tried finding them all over but they are sold out no matter where you look.Hope my results are as good as Rand's were.

pete/ny said:
I have 2 packs on the way from Carlos.He got 6 packs in and I have tried finding them all over but they are sold out no matter where you look.Hope my results are as good as Rand's were.
Pete your results will be better than that idiot's results. Just use 110 gr. of BH 209 and you can put them all thru the same hole like I did.
Carlos

LOL One Million of them? They can't even get supplies out as it is.

Interesting bullet, I will certainly try some when they come out.

I wonder how much Federal is paying Randy to say good things about their product?

He doesn't give 'freebies' on the side like some whores do. :evil:

patocazador said:
I wonder how much Federal is paying Randy to say good things about their product?

I knew I liked this forum  :D   :lol!:

It would be hard for Randy to say anything bad. All he has to do is look at his target. I would never post anything he just said, but he can't do much when he shows a video.

btw I see them for sale at Cabelas. They're selling them at full retail which is $24.99, but at least they have them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Sabots-Bullets%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104547780/Federal174-Premium-Trophy-Copper-Muzzleloader-Bullets-ndash-Per-15/1906801.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fsabots-bullets%2F_%2FN-1100204%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104547780%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104701680&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104701680%3Bcat104547780

Muley said:
Sorry about showing Randy, but this is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrvD3I1hygg
patocazador said:

Muley said:
It would be hard for Randy to say anything bad. All he has to do is look at his target. I would never post anything he just said, but he can't do much when he shows a video.

btw I see them for sale at Cabelas. They're selling them at full retail which is $24.99, but at least they have them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Sabots-Bullets%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104547780/Federal174-Premium-Trophy-Copper-Muzzleloader-Bullets-ndash-Per-15/1906801.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fsabots-bullets%2F_%2FN-1100204%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104547780%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104701680&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104701680%3Bcat104547780
Not saying that Randy's video is bad, but what I'm saying is that any one on this forum can do the same with those bullets, and what is so bad about it is that he was shooting a 900.00 ML from Remington which is suppose to be according to him the best out there, and still could not shoot all three thru the same hole like I did when I shot them way back with a ML that is around 450.00 as you will from the pic. He is nothing more than a cheap whore for all the gun companies and any one willing to pay him. Hell the whores that I knew in PANAMA had more class than he does.

Here is the target I used and as you can see I was shooting three shot groups while adjusting the scope to the right.
So that said he does and never will impress me a bit.
https://s951.photobucket.com/user/c...EMPTION/LHRREDEMPTION037_zps31597670.jpg.htmlEnlarge this image Click to see fullsize
LHRREDEMPTION037_zps31597670.jpg

Yeah, but that's not fair Carlos. You can actually shoot. :D

My point in showing the video was to show how good the bullets are. Even Randy can shoot a fairly good group without even working up a load.

:rolling on flo  gosh damn! You guys are harsh! 

It will be interesting to see how easy they load and if they'll stay on the powder charge.

When I loaded them in the MR, I check to see if the would come off the powder, by turning the gun upside down and tapping the end of the barrel a couple of times on the carpet, and it stayed in place.
Then I did the same test with the V2, and it came off the powder about 1/8 of an inch on the range rod. And that was pointing the barrel straight down and tapping it on carpet.

Dave

Thanks Dave! That's super helpful to know and warn others on. In the Optima,Accura V2 and some of the Traditions guns, the larger bore may run into some problems with this bullet.

I bought some thors 501's for my Optima, and tried them in the Accura V2, and they went down easy with 2 fingers on the ram rod, I checked the sample pack I had and the 502 was the one that it took. But my test was with the gun turned up side down, and tappen it on the carpet, Not your average hunting carring it with the barrel pointing down. 
Something that I do not do, Some people might do it that way, but I do not.
I tried them in both the MR and the V2, and they were very accurate in both guns at both the 100 and 200 yard targets. 
I would use them, but I have to many bullets to use for hunting now.

Dave

My biggest problem with the Federal bullets is they didn't expand at all at 200yds in your test.

Pete, look at it as a bonded bullet at 200 yards, Thats why I did a 2 part test at that range, to see if it made a difference between the hitting of the milk jugs or hitting the board and my plastic back stop. They shot great out of both of my guns, and it seems that they are accurate out of big dollar gun from some body else. As for the reason why they held up the release of the bullet, maybe they changed it or fixed the problem so they would open up. the real test as you know would be on an animal to see how they will do.

Dave

Dave......Did you ever do the same test with Barnes? Next year i'm planning on hunting for elk in late 4th rifle season. They'll be down close to the winter range by then, and the shots will be much longer than I usually take. My concern now is long range expansion. I know the Barnes will expand down to 1200fps. I can use any bullet in rifle seasons, so I can use the Barnes.

I want to like the Federals, but my faith in them at longer ranges is not very high right now.

Pete.. Here are 2 bullets that I tested at 200 yards with the water jugs.
(** see full report at https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t7278-water-jug-test)
Both bullets were shot with 110 gr of BH 209, and Harvester smooth black sabots.
The left one was the Barnes 250 gr TE-Z
The right one was the Hornady 458 Monoflex,( I had the same result with the hornady 452 monoflex ) 250 gr.
IMG_0005_zps15a8162e.jpg

I did not try a heavier bullet, the reason was, I thought that this would cover the average shooting hunter, and to show what the bullets would look like at that range of 200 yards. 
Now I am not saying that you should take that long of a shot, but if you have an idea of what the bullet will do at that range, it would be up to you, as a hunter to decide.
I hope that this will help.

Dave

I like what the Barnes did. Not full expansion, but pretty close. I'm sure it will open up fully on an elk.

The 250gr T-EZ is the bullet i'm using, so that's exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks.

It would be nice to see a recovered bullet on how the new Federal opens-up at 100 or 200 yards into a water jug or other solid target material.

Here you go Marty. It was this test that I was referring too when I said they don't expand at 200yds.

https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t7198-trophy-copper-bullet-water-jug-test

Latest posts

Back