New Federal Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I should end up hunting the muzzy season i'll use the Federal bullet. It will be timber shots, and not likely a 200yd shot. If I did have a long shot i'd take a shoulder shot to get the bullet to expand.

I wish they would have released the bullet during the summer. Then we'd have some feedback on animals. We're just guessing now.

Pete, I know you've made your choice, but anoter good bullet to be aware of is the Lehigh Cf series 458/300 subsonic that will open & segment down to 800ft/s & also work at over 2000ft/s. With the segmenting nose tearing up the soft tissue & the solid base pushing on through, it is bad medicine for whatever it hits. Just an FYI - Greg

I'm not sure I can it to fit Greg. The T-EZ is a struggle to get down. Isn't it the smallest bullet/sabot combo available?

Dave you don't have too many great bullet choices, it is a not enough tags problem that you have.

biddler2, The farmers on both sides of where we hunt, told us they have the state tags for taking deer because of the crops that they tear up. Besides they know that I will take a coyote before a deer, so that helps, So I have a chance at more tags, IF i can be in the right spot at the right time.

Dave

Muley said:
I'm not sure I can it to fit Greg. The T-EZ is a struggle to get down. Isn't it the smallest bullet/sabot combo available?
Pete.....The 458 is the smallest at this time for this application however my Knoght is tight barreled & they load firmly in it without having to fight it down the barrel. I know that Dave has shot them from his tight MR & they loaded good for him. I am going to try them in my MR as well. If you want to PM your address to me, I will send you a few to try & then you'll know for sure.

Pete, I did a post about different sabots and the Lehigh 458/300 CF Bullets, they all shot good out of the MR, This week I will be trying the 458 MMP orange sabot, (Which I have shot it in the other test) and the Harvester Long black smooth sabot, both of them are long sabots.. I pushed both of them thru the MR barrel with each sabot to see how they felt, the MMP went down a little easier than the Harvester, I will be testing both of them at the 100 and 200 yards to see how they group.

Dave

When I was a kid (19) and bumming around the country, I lived in Niagara Falls, NY for awhile while job hunting. Couldn't find one there or Buffalo but worked in Rochester for a year at a Ford dealership. I met lots of nice people there.

patocazador said:
When I was a kid (19) and bumming around the country, I lived in Niagara Falls, NY for awhile while job hunting. Couldn't find one there or Buffalo but worked in Rochester for a year at a Ford dealership. I met lots of nice people there.
Bob- not much has changed. The City you knew back then is WAY WAY different than whats there now. The downtown is shot to hell, closed businesses and main St has nothing anymore. Think you made the right choice! Used to be a great City but, well thats another sore subject to dwell on. I rarely go to the City itself as the Malls and Businessesa are on the outling edges anyway.

Latest posts

Back