New From Virginia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Buck

Reaction score
New guy here from VA. Recently picked up an older CVA Kodiak Magnum in .50 cal. Been shooting and hunting with traditional muzzleloaders both percussion and flint since I was a kid. I am a member of the N-SSA where my 2 boy's and I shoot both original and repro. muskets and carbines. I have never owned an inline, so I am hoping to learn all about what's the best propellent and projectiles that work best with the Kodiak. I will be using it primarily for hunting deer.

Welcome from Chester, VA! I've been lurking here for a while. Lot of info gathered. If you're close maybe we could pop a few 209s together some day.

New guy here from VA. Recently picked up an older CVA Kodiak Magnum in .50 cal. Been shooting and hunting with traditional muzzleloaders both percussion and flint since I was a kid. I am a member of the N-SSA where my 2 boy's and I shoot both original and repro. muskets and carbines. I have never owned an inline, so I am hoping to learn all about what's the best propellent and projectiles that work best with the Kodiak. I will be using it primarily for hunting deer.
Welcome from NY.

Welcome from Chester, VA! I've been lurking here for a while. Lot of info gathered. If you're close maybe we could pop a few 209s together some day.
How close do you live to the Chesterfield power station? I am down that way sometimes for work at the training center just up the street from the power plant

Latest posts

Back