"New" Hornady ML bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder53

Reaction score
"New" Hornady ML bullet

I was searching around for some components and found this and it was new to me, Hornady has a new MLer bullet & sabot out.

Similar to the Barnes.

It's called the Monoflex.

It's a .45 cal., .452 dia., 250 gr. flat base, flex tip gilded metal, solid expandable bullet.

Used to be called the GMX, now available in MLer size (250 gr only for now).

It is 95% copper and 5% zinc (I think it's zinc), called a gilded metal expansion bullet.

Apparently the bullets & sabot packs are available now at some dealers and the bullets will come out in a 50 bullet bulk pack later in the year.

Re: "New" Hornady ML bullet

Wonder if they are going to come out with one for the .45 cal.

I looked for them & found no info on them except for high power rifle loads

I got my harvester sample bag for my .45 V2 this past week with their 200gr funnel points. Still need to try them, but I was wondering if you guys know of something more along the lines of 300gr???

The 200 grain bullets that I got from them looked just like the 200 grain Rainier bullets that my local dealer has. They came packaged with the CR Sabots & say Rainier on the box. Mine came in a bag & they don't look anything like the funnel points that I've bought in the past. They also have a concave base, not a flat base like the FP bullets. I was very disappointed & posted a negative review on their website, but I've never seen it posted in their reviews.

They may make the 200 grain, but they are totally different bullets than the other funnel points & they don't disclose that info. I've shot the funnel points with great success. but when they pulled that number on me I quit using their bullets

I actually have a follow up email in to Hornday asking when and where they will be available.

Just heard back from Hornady.

The "new" offering of a 250 gr., .452 dia. .45 cal Monoflex (GMX) bullet and EZ Load Sabot won't be available until June.

Apparently some vendors are listing the descrition and the sku, but it's not out yet. :scratch:

The Hornady sku for the EZ Load sabot and 250 gr Monoflex is 67274, and the "Lock 'n Load" speed sabot (the one with the stem) sku is 67269.

Soooo, I guess we'll have to wait to try that one vs. the Barnes TEZ's. :suspect:

I believe Hornady is showing it on their website. The BC doesn't look all that great but who knows how they shoot til someone tries them.

Yeah, it's listed on their website, but the Hornady tech I talked to today said they weren't available and until I told him they were on the website and gave him the sku, he didn't even know they listed it.

Hopefully they'll be available sooner or later so we have another bullet to play with and test against the others.

The thing I am hoping for most is that usually the Hornady bullets are prettly low cost when you buy them in bulk.

For example you can 100 240 gr XTP MAG .45 cal's for about $28. Add 100 sabots and you've got 100 shooters for about 45 cents per vs. about $1 per on the Barnes.

Being 95% copper I don't think they are going to be cheap.

chaded said:
Being 95% copper I don't think they are going to be cheap.
there not lol,look at what Hornady is asking for them..i'll stick with Barnes TEZ myself.

Latest posts

Back