New Member from Houston

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKasprzak

Reaction score
Howdy, I’ve been shooting a traditional TC Hawken .50 for many years. Recently I was gifted a Traditions Pursuit Pro .50 so I’ve been spending time here trying to learn as much as I can about the differences. The gun came with a scope that I removed and replaced it with a Williams peep sight setup. I took it to the range yesterday for the first time shooting 80 grains of 2F and sabots that came with the rifle. I was amazed at how accurate this gun is. A little tweaking of the peep at 20 yards to get it to bullseye and at 50 yards it was dead on.

I had ordered the “No Excuses Bullets” sizing pack and the .503 seemed to fit the way described in the instructions, the .504 was too tight as per instructions. I’ve ordered a box of 460 grain and hope to get back out next week and dial in a load for hunting. Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning about this “modern muzzleloader”. ~Dave

Attached picture is from 50 yard range, three shots.

1E7719DD-6F73-4CE5-8BE3-22C2481E1BC3.jpeg

20BF7B85-D056-4ADC-B8DF-AA85682C5DDC.jpeg

Howdy, I’ve been shooting a traditional TC Hawken .50 for many years. Recently I was gifted a Traditions Pursuit Pro .50 so I’ve been spending time here trying to learn as much as I can about the differences. The gun came with a scope that I removed and replaced it with a Williams peep sight setup. I took it to the range yesterday for the first time shooting 80 grains of 2F and sabots that came with the rifle. I was amazed at how accurate this gun is. A little tweaking of the peep at 20 yards to get it to bullseye and at 50 yards it was dead on.

I had ordered the “No Excuses Bullets” sizing pack and the .503 seemed to fit the way described in the instructions, the .504 was too tight as per instructions. I’ve ordered a box of 460 grain and hope to get back out next week and dial in a load for hunting. Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning about this “modern muzzleloader”. ~Dave

Attached picture is from 50 yard range, three shots.

View attachment 23232

View attachment 23233
Welcome I just joined muzzleloader here recent to nice to meet you :) nice rifle .

Latest posts

Back