New Mexico Newbie

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMandM

Reaction score
Hello from central New Mexico.
I bow hunted for 30 Years and now I can't draw a bow and have hunted with a muzzle loader some.
I used a 54 cal. Hawkins, and now setting up my sons old Knight Wolverine with a KonusPro-275 scope.
I installed some Vortex high-mount rings but still having trouble being able to cap the nipple with a straight capper.
Hoping to get some advice here.

Thanks

Welcome aboard from the Hoosier State! There are lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people on this site. I'm sure someone can come to your assistance.

I made a tool like this and I think it will work.
Need to try a thicker pliable plastic

Attachments

• tool.JPG
    tool.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to the brotherhood

Welcome, from North Carolina! There is a straight brass musket capper (Ted Cash makes one, Traditions makes one), and nylon/plastic flex capper (Cabelas has one), that may work better for you.

Attachments

• E033627E-EFB7-464F-B36E-5D5FBD619BAA.jpeg
    E033627E-EFB7-464F-B36E-5D5FBD619BAA.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 1
  • 9EFF5248-9992-43F7-8D39-867CAED57020.jpeg
    9EFF5248-9992-43F7-8D39-867CAED57020.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 1
Thanks guys. But the Flex Capper is for 209 caps, and I have a straight capper that hits the turrets.
I have a Konuspro-275 red dot scope. It has a turret on the left, and right side of the scope.
I tried a different plastic today for a custom made tool, but it won't retain the memory of the plastic.

I did find a MMP Capstar online, but it appears to be discontinued.

Anyone else out there who has mounted a scope on a Knight Wolverine? What type of capper do you use?

Welcome from Albuquerque. I use see through mounts on my Kahnke rifle. I tried lower mounts, and it was difficult to put the #11 cap on and pulling the hammer back. The higher rings work well when shooting off of sticks, which is most of my shooting while hunting.

I do have high mount rings.
I have a Konuspro-275 red dot scope. It has a turret on the left, and right side of the scope.
I hit the turret from either side.

Latest posts

Back