New ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
My grandson is looking for his first ML rifle, price in the $500 range. I'm thinking CVA or Knight. I would like to find a clean used rifle if possible. Omega would be nice as well. Looking for suggestions

Kinda thinking early version Knights would fit the bill nicely. The "original" modern in-line that pretty much started it all. Simple with no plastic jackets, conversions, extra do-dads. Models MK85 and BK92 come to mind. These would teach muzzleloading fundamentals like keeping your powder and primers dry, etc. Classics

There is a Acura V2LR 45 w/mounts locally for $435 also a TC Omega 25 50 cal. w/ Muller 2-7x for $345. I'm thinking the V2LR for $400 would be a good deal for him. What is the twist in the Acura V2LR 45 and what is the difference between a Omega and Omega 25.

Last edited:
There is a Acura V2LR 45 w/mounts locally for $435 also a TC Omega 25 50 cal. w/ Muller 2-7x for $345. I'm thinking the V2LR for $400 would be a good deal for him. What is the twist in the Acura V2LR 45 and what is the difference between a Omega and Omega 25.
I ment Z5

If i were you, i would consider buying Gman57’s 50 cal. Knight. Stainless steel, thumb hole stock, 209 conversion kit, claw sling. Clean barrel and excellent looking shape. Its in ur price range and would last them the rest of their lifetime with proper maintenance. Very good buy…..

I have read it hear before that a newby may be better off with a break open action for ease of caring and cleaning. I strongly agree.
I owned a Wolf and had no problem at all with it. My vote goes in that direction. If in time they move on to other models (and he will LOL) it will be easy to sell if he desires to do so.

Last edited:
My grandson is looking for his first ML rifle, price in the $500 range. I'm thinking CVA or Knight. I would like to find a clean used rifle if possible. Omega would be nice as well. Looking for suggestions

CVA Optima V2 Muzzleloading Rifle 26" Stainless Steel Barrel Realtree Excape​

$400 at Midway

Back