New packaging for Win 209s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found these at Bass Pro yesterday. I had to take a second look as I’ve only seen the Blue Packaging for the last 15-20 years I’ve been buying them.

I size checked about 10 at random and the all came in at .299-.300. Looks like the same product, new packaging.

Perhaps better if they can all be the same length.

Attachments

• E2097801-81F2-469A-8338-A51F382A903B.jpeg
    E2097801-81F2-469A-8338-A51F382A903B.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
The red package has been popping up in this area of late too. I did find a few packages of the blue box primers tucked in behind the new red boxes the other day and dug them out and took all that was there. I'm sure they're the same great primers, just different packaging looks.

Seems like Busta a couple years ago mentioned the newer boxes of W209, on the average were shorter than than they had been. This does seem true.

This led to the purchase of Bestill' breech plugs for my rifles. No longer are primers longer than 0.302" required. These days the shorter W209 can be used, as well as any CCI, or Federal primer.

Bestill' breech plugs eliminated measuring primers, and eliminated worry about W209 primers now being shorter.

I actually tried 10 of them yesterday afternoon in the pistol and they all shot clean. The fussiest gun/plug I have relating to dirty fired primers is the pistol and every one dropped right out and clean as a whistle. The .45 Kodiak shot 5 of them clean as well.

Latest posts

Back