New QRBP for Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the new qrbp have to be fitted to the barrel like other replacement qrbp's?

They will come with a tool and you just screw in the plug, crank down on it to form the breech plug to your guns dimensions.

Sounds good. I saw that the new one had a thicker edge to it and wondered whether it was formed the same way. Thank you, FG.

My factory one shot fine but Id rather be safe then sorry, besides i cant be thinking about it all the time so its better to just get it. lol.

Ron has my plug now. I refuse to give CVA money for something they should have fixed for nothing.

BH 209 has been out for quite awhile now.

Colorado said:
Ron has my plug now. I refuse to give CVA money for something they should have fixed for nothing.

i agree 100% with that! Ray

jeepman said:
Colorado said:

i agree 100% with that! Ray
You agree with me?

Are you feeling ok?

used it yestrday put 7 rounds on it the small flash channel seam to build up fast with primer powder for just 7 rounds but this was my first time out with it used CCI 209M primers but it went off everytime i pulled the trigger good breech plug will do more shotting to see whats up

Ron modified my Apex plug and has worked flawlessly for 30+ rounds. Had some blowback and he turned me on to small washers placed in bottom of flash channel. Clean as a whistle now.

I just got mine today. For the guys who switched over, did you see any change in the way the gun shot? Did you have to adjust the scope, etc? Curious about it's affect on the point of impact and if it happens similar to changing bullet, primer, powder.

Thanks,

Jono

The gun i shot this in was new first time out with it it shot 1 to 11/2 groups at 100yd with 260Gr pt gold HBCR sabots will get this better and with head spacing using FGs way there was no blow back gaped at .022 with this plug

I just got mine today. It had rust on it!
Also there were small filings still left on the threads. The threads were very rough with really bad machineing marks. It looked like it was made in a high school shop class. I called them up and they are sending me a new one. Their customer service was no hassle, but now I have to wait another 7-10 days.

The uncentered front sight hole, and now this.

How is CVA "just a better gun"? I am starting to wonder. I guess they had to rush production, and it shows.

Have you all seen this in yours?

Back