new reloading stuff

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8dawg6

Reaction score
well, i just dropped what seems like an unreasonable amount of money on an RCBS electronic powder dispenser. Anybody have one of these? I read some reviews that compared the RCBS, the Lyman, and the PACT, and everybody seemed to say that you get what you pay for (i.e., the RCBS was the winner). Read some quality complaints re: recent RCBS products on the Midway webpage, but heard the same thing about the others. Heck, it seems hard to find anything on the Midway webpage that doesnt have some bad reviews. Oh well, guess we'll see how it works when it gets here.

btw, group i shot from my .270 last weekend:

f115d881.jpg

only a little over 50 yds, but this was fighting the ruger trigger (must be 8 lbs+). load is 130 g. hornday flat-base spirepoint, mixed remington/winchester brass, remington standard rifle primers, 59.5 g. h4831sc.

Good looking group! I think you will really be impressed with the RCBS EPD! I got to use one of my friends and it made me crave one!

If you dont already, you may want to look into the RCBS Trim Mate Prep Center. It is a handsaver!

297853_d.jpg

chargemaster.jpg

i highly recommend this thing to those of yall who reload. its awesome ... works quick, and throws exact charges. im wondering where this thing has been my whole reloading life ...

i highly recommend this thing to those of yall who reload. its awesome ... works quick, and throws exact charges. im wondering where this thing has been my whole reloading life ...

THAT good?

n8dawg6 said:
chargemaster.jpg

I've had one a couple years now and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

i have always hand-weighed charges for rifle loads ... hoppers work pretty well for throwing charges, but if I'm trying to work up a load w/ the rifle, I don't ever want to have to wonder "hm, wonder if the hopper threw a bad charge?" if there's a flyer. just one less variable to worry about.

anyway, I also find hand-weighing charges to be the most tedious and time-consuming part of reloading. with this thingy here ... its a non-issue. it weighs perfect charges in seconds. just loaded some 7x57 rounds and every charge it threw was dead on. only drawback to this thing is the expense

come to think of it, for yall savage ML shooters who weigh your charges, this thing would speed up the process considerably for ya. i guess it would work w/ T7, too, although i havent tried it.

I have had the Pact for 5 years or so.No troubles with it yet..I like it

My buddy has the RCBS and he is happy with that as well..Good luck with your when you get it..You will enjoy it..God Bless

Latest posts

Back