New Rock Lock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coalforge1

Reaction score
Just got my first flintlock. It has a Green River barrel with a 1:70 twist in 50 cal, a L&R Lock, and the stock is Bastogne Walnut. 26 inch barrel that is 7/8 between the flats.

Flintlock.jpg

Flint_Lock.jpg

Took it to the range the other day and was plowing dirt about half way down the 50 yd range.  Took it home and went to work with a ffile on the front sight. Went back to the range today. I need to do a bit more metal removal but I am happy with the group. 25 yds offhand, 50g ff prb.  6 shots in one hole. messed up the flint but I am happy.
flint_6.jpg

I like the way the forarm tapers down.It makes the lines of the rifel all flow togather.Very nice flinter. :Red tup:

I met a builder of fine Flintlocks Sunday Morning and ever since I've been thinking of what I would like to have him build if I could ever afford it.  I think I'll send a picture of your rifle to him as that's just about exactly what I have envisioned.  Beautiful and I bet it's functional as well.

Very nicely built rifle; you got a true deer killer.

Very pleasing lines on that rifle. I like it!
Ron

patocazador said:
That's a handsome rifle. What's the barrel length?
barrel is 26 inches and 7/8 between the flats. Should be a handy little brush gun.

Coalforge said:
patocazador said:
That's a handsome rifle. What's the barrel length?
barrel is 26 inches and 7/8 between the flats. Should be a handy little brush gun.

I got a similar little "handy" brush rifle built by Mike Lange.  Barrel is 25" X 15/16" X .45.  Haven't hunted with it but it has seen much use for postal shoots and informal target shooting.  I've always liked these little rifles.
PICT0689_zps77b16500.jpg

Latest posts

Back