New Scope Purchace

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf_River_Mike

Reaction score
It's getting close to time to buy a scope for my MLll. It seems I change my mind daily, depending on whose post I read. :D Sightron 2, Bushnell 3200, Zeiss Conquest. Today, I'm leaning toward the Zeiss, 3x9x40. I've been watching them on ebay and elhunter777 offers the full warranty and they've been going from $350-$375.

I would like to mount it as low as possible and was wondering if the low Warne QD rings will allow the bell to clear. I plan on taking off my sights.

I'm leaning toward the Zeiss, 3x9x40

Of the ones you mentioned the Zeiss Conquest is heads and shoulders above the others...It would be an EXCELLENT CHOICE!

The Zeiss at that price is very hard to beat...

hb7.jpg

The Zeiss at that price is very hard to beat...

That's what I was thinking too. I'm waiting on a patent check to come thru before I can get it. This one has taken three years but it issued on 2-21-06. I'm expecting it any day now. :yeah:

big6x6 said:
Of the ones you mentioned the Zeiss Conquest is heads and shoulders above the others...It would be an EXCELLENT CHOICE!

I wholeheartedly agree! It's a hard scope to beat for the 10ML-II!

The Zeiss is the VERY best of the ones you mentioned. I own three and really like'm. :yeah:

I agree with the Zeiss, I love the 3-9x40 on my 10ML-II.

I am using medium warne rings, but I have not tried the lows. Depending how low the low's are, there is some room under the scope.

I just like the mediums, because the scope comes up perfect for my shooting style.

I have had really good luck with my Leupold QD rings. But why would you want the QD rings if you're going to take the iron sights off?

And what do you have a patent on?

It's simply easier to clean a muzzleloader or any gun with the scope out of the way. That's first thing I do when I get a new muzzleloader is pull the iron sights off.

Wolf_River_Mike said:
That's first thing I do when I get a new muzzleloader is pull the iron sights off.

dwhunter, what do you use to plug up the mounting holes? (in SS)

Stainless plugs but I have used blued in a SS gun. :)

yoyodoc said:
I have had really good luck with my Leupold QD rings. But why would you want the QD rings if you're going to take the iron sights off?

Nice also if want to use more than one scope on that gun, but cleaning is my main one.

I have always used leupold and bushnell never a problem. :)

No. I am using them on a Wolverine, but that barrel has no taper to it. I have about a 1/4 inch or slightly less. Hope that helps.

I've got the 3.5x10x50 on my HB and I think I'll get one of those 3x9's from Elkhunter as well...

HB106.jpg

That laminate/stainless is just a good looking rifle isn't it? IndianaHunter, how do you like that 50mm scope? I hope to bid on one or order one from Optic Zone by the end of this week. Still waiting on that check :(

yoyodoc wrote:

It's not a big deal. I'm a designer for Maytag dishwashers. The patent is on a hinged float mounting bracket. My name is on the patent (Patent Issued - 7,000,620) with 2 other engineers. It's amazing what corporate layers can get patented. About all it means to me is a new scope for my new muzzleloader. :yeah:

fairchase wrote:
I'm using warne QR low with a Ziess 3X9X40 and the bell just clears.

Thanks for the info fairchase. I'm probably going to go with the mediums just to be on the safe side.

It's not a big deal. I'm a designer for Maytag dishwashers. The patent is on a hinged float mounting bracket. My name is on the patent (Patent Issued - 7,000,620) with 2 other engineers. It's amazing what corporate layers can get patented. About all it means to me is a new scope for my new muzzleloader.

That's pretty cool 8) I have a friend who is a patent lawyer, man I can't believe the money he brings in.

I think you will like the med. rings on your savage.

Back